Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

There you have it.

@camer0n_mcd you have my apologies.

More proof the League Cup Groups are glorified friendlies IMO. 

TBF I had it in my head he hadn't played, now that I think about it I remember seeing that he played when they got beat by Falkirk.

7 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

On a separate note, after asking on here about a comment made by Colin Park, my phone is now suggesting him as a friend on Facebook. Who says technology isn't watching your every move?

Social media focuses to much on "friends" for my liking, which is why I avoid it and focus instead on more traditional methods...

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952lwp0j1w8pvd4llbcazqgbpbmvuwqyccpvhm5rvzk&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

As much as I think that if Watt scores a goal early on everything will be forgiven I do think the reverse is true. If he starts slow and starts chucking his arms about it wont be long before the talk starts that he's a bad influence in the dressing room and that he's lazy, things could get very toxic, very fast. 

I honestly think if he works hard he could do us a turn helping Moses/Robinson rather than scoring goals himself.
He's not a goalscorer. 

In addition, has a player ever been disliked by as many fans of teams he's played with, as much as Watt is?

As an aside, completely non-Tony Watt or WS-AGM related I learned from a post on Dundee's forum that Ryan Jack's mentioned on the Open Goal podcast that he's been training with us.

I noticed that he's currently trending on Twitter so I guess he's said some other stuff that's got the **** bent out of shape but either way I'm genuinely amazed that Liam Gordon hasn't injured him yet if he's been in and around our group lately.

Screenshot2024-08-13at12_22_38.thumb.png.3269d307f77065e77fe18bd7eb9ef6f7.png

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

As an aside, completely non-Tony Watt or WS-AGM related I learned from a post on Dundee's forum that Ryan Jack's mentioned on the Open Goal podcast that he's been training with us.

I noticed that he's currently trending on Twitter so I guess he's said some other stuff that's got the **** bent out of shape but either way I'm genuinely amazed that Liam Gordon hasn't injured him yet if he's been in and around our group lately.

Think he's had a go at Morelos and said Ramsay didn't want to hit a penalty. Ryan Jack if he had 23 fit bodies would be fantastic business

11 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

As much as I think that if Watt scores a goal early on everything will be forgiven I do think the reverse is true. If he starts slow and starts chucking his arms about it wont be long before the talk starts that he's a bad influence in the dressing room and that he's lazy, things could get very toxic, very fast. 

I could do be doing watt a favour here, but I don't recall there being any chat of him being a bad egg at the time. I remember him playing in a midweek game (can't remember who against) when the news first broke. Alexander strikes me as the type that would have dropped him if he wasn't at it.

I think what your getting at though is what the fans will say as opposed to how he actually handles himself?

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

I just listened to the Open Goal podcast (out of interest, not a regular viewer). He said he's been training at Dalziel Park in Motherwell on his own. Not that he was training with Motherwell.

2 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

I could do be doing watt a favour here, but I don't recall there being any chat of him being a bad egg at the time. I remember him playing in a midweek game (can't remember who against) when the news first broke. Alexander strikes me as the type that would have dropped him if he wasn't at it.

I think what your getting at though is what the fans will say as opposed to how he actually handles himself?

Yeah, that's it.

Just now, camer0n_mcd said:

I just listened to the Open Goal podcast (out of interest, not a regular viewer). He said he's been training at Dalziel Park in Motherwell on his own. Not that he was training with Motherwell.

Ahhhhhhh.....that would explain why he's not broken then.

Then again...*we* train at Dalziel Park. So I guess he's just been turning up when we're not there.

47 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

From the SPFL website on player elligibility:

Except for a Player/player who has only Played, including being listed as a named
substitute, in the First Round (Group Stage) of Matches who shall not be included for
the purposes of this Regulation 8.3, no Club or club (“A”) shall Play, or list as a named
substitute, any Player or player who, in the same Season, has already played in a
Match by entering the field of play, whether in the starting eleven or by being used as
a substitute by another Club or club (“B”) in the Competition and, subject to the stated
exception, any such Player or player shall not be eligible to Play, or be listed as a named
substitute, for Club or club A.

I'm sure that could be written in a clearer format ! Any idea what the difference between a Player and a player is ? 

Hope Tony Watt settles down to a game again, safe to say he rarely showed his true abilities in his spell at Tannadice. There was a point when he was at Motherwell that I thought he should have been in then Scotland squad, probably when the Covid closed door games were on as I tended to watch more matches then.

But he's a bit of a child still, and I can't see him becoming more mature on or off the park at 30. Seems to be a person who can't settle to any consistency, if he has a couple of decent games several follow where he's anonymous. The lack of contentment is borne out by the number of clubs he's been with, over short periods of time: the only reason he lasted as long with United is the daft contract the club (Tony Asghar) gave him, and even then, he downed tools half way through season 22/23 to go on loan.

Probably worth a gamble for Tony and 'Well though, I'd imagine United are paying the majority of his wages.

Re. the algorithm and its all pervasive reach into our daily lives, I see that our previous transformational investor has made the jump into baked goods.

On the Watt front, I wasn't keen when this rumour first emerged but f**k it, given we have about three and a half fit players we may as well roll the dice.

IMG_4180.JPEG

We got money for him at time he went to United, now we have him back and United are paying his wages.  If this works out it is an excellent deal.

No what is KVV up to?