Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

That's my vote in.

I had two stick on's (which I have a feeling may be similar to most on here at least) but that was really tough to narrow the remainder down to two votes. That being said, I'm feeling massively positive about the Society's future whether my choices get voted in or not. 

1 hour ago, Dosser1886 said:

Tell you what that matchday email is excellent.

It is. I like the fact they told us the 50/50 half time draw numbers since they no longer read that out at half time . Two prizes still unclaimed....

3 minutes ago, Jastons6 said:

It is. I like the fact they told us the 50/50 half time draw numbers since they no longer read that out at half time . Two prizes still unclaimed....

New guy on the tannoy, not the old pro. Presume it was more an oversight than the way it is from now on.

The email is an easy win for the club and their comms, nice touch and hopefully a sign of positive changes to come after the comms did appear to be very much an afterthought in the last couple of years. 

1 minute ago, MurrayWell said:

One for the number polis here (@crazylegsjoe) looks like Tony Watt has taken number 52. 

No Way Abandon Thread GIF

Vaguely related to that, it's possible to switch squad numbers (though uncommon as I guess it involves paperwork that's a bit of a pain in the arse).

Mind Ross McCormack took Dean Cornelius' number mid-season:

"Ross will be allotted squad number 44, with youngster Dean Cornelius promoted to number 38 following Alfredo Agyeman’s departure at the end of his contract."

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2019/01/05/ross-mccormack-makes-well-return/

With that in mind I'm mildly surprised he didn't take his #32 (the brilliantly named Zack Flatman currently has it) as IIRC he was keen to change back to it after he had #8 when he originally signed his short term deal way back.

3 hours ago, Dosser1886 said:

Blinded by the blizzard of Well Society emails I've only just realised that the last CLUB email I received was the away leg ticket ballot for Sligo back in July 2022! Whether deliberately or accidentally, it looks like I must have unsubscribed after that, which I have now rectified. Did I miss anything these last two years?

1 minute ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Blinded by the blizzard of Well Society emails I've only just realised that the last CLUB email I received was the away leg ticket ballot for Sligo back in July 2022! Whether deliberately or accidentally, it looks like I must have unsubscribed after that, which I have now rectified. Did I miss anything these last two years?

Go and make a cup of tea and clear your afternoon and we'll start

22 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

Thanks - as I thought, I'm already subscribed (but seemingly forgotten about).

Same, message says I'm already subscribed, but I don't think I've ever had a club email as far as I can remember.

3 hours ago, Dosser1886 said:

Agreed. I'm less on other media outposts where some of the info might be so it definitely captures me as a reader where otherwise I'd miss it