Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, real-name-hidden said:

Has the Ryan Jack chat died? Took me a couple of days to catch up as I’ve been offline for a bit.. class player. One I’d definitely take if he could stay fit

Someone online said do you think we might sign Ryan Jack and then it kicked off from there. Two days later it was a done deal... Particularly as he was training at Fir Park and watched the game yesterday. I'd be happy see him sign on too. 

23 minutes ago, real-name-hidden said:

Has the Ryan Jack chat died? Took me a couple of days to catch up as I’ve been offline for a bit.. class player. One I’d definitely take if he could stay fit

Seems he’s training at Fir Park, with the team this time, as opposed to doing fitness work alone previously. Given how many times we’ve had our fingers burned recently on the injury front, I wouldn’t be surprised if Kettlewell is seeing how that goes before taking anything further. Of course he could get other offers in that time also. 

8 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Is Watson not more of a midfielder? 

He is aye. He reminds me of Ali McCann.

39 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I am looking forward to seeing more of this dude hopefully. 

I hope he doesn't end up as a last 10 minutes, chasing the game type of player.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

I hope he doesn't end up as a last 10 minutes, chasing the game type of player.

Agreed. I found him hugely entertaining to watch, reminded me of Ariyibi and Ojamma who are two of my favourites.

3 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Good, strong additions to the board. 

Disappointing turnout given recent events but I'm sure the 4 elected will do an excellent job. 

Yeah, well done to the four, commiserations to the 13 and hopefully a few of them will find a way to be involved either through being co-opted, the executive or contributing to the various work streams.

Congratulations to those elected - and best of luck in the role! Hopefully a prosperous and exciting time ahead for the ‘Well Society. 

Slightly disappointing turnout, but an improvement on previous years as I understand it. 

Of course, as a candidate that wasn’t elected - I’m more than happy to volunteer my services where it may be required in the future. 

Time and focus moves to delivering on the plan now! 

image.png.e6a4e48297e3bce2eb39faccc1b17f31.png

Seriously however, I'd echo the above from @Handsome_Devil. I know first hand what was done to preserve fan ownership. Few barriers to progress now and that is welcome. Best wishes to the four elected.

Personal disappointment doesn't manifest as being churlish, especially when I hadn't planned to run and only did so the night before the deadline.

There's a shareholder agreement to finish drafting and get ratified in the meantime.

5 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

image.png.e6a4e48297e3bce2eb39faccc1b17f31.png

Seriously however, I'd echo the above from @Handsome_Devil. I know first hand what was done to preserve fan ownership. Few barriers to progress now and that is welcome. Best wishes to the four elected.

Personal disappointment doesn't manifest as being churlish, especially when I hadn't planned to run and only did so the night before the deadline.

There's a shareholder agreement to finish drafting and get ratified in the meantime.

Disappointed to hear that, thought you were a shoe in tbh. Hopefully you stay fully involved and personally thanks again for all of your, and others, efforts, exposing and challenging the attempt to take over and shaft of the club and the Well Society. This was prevented in no small measure due to all of the time and effort you put in.

Even with the excellent additions I am still disappointed others missed out. 

Congrats and commiserations to all.

Turnout was stinking.

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Turnout was stinking.

Aye, that's undeniable...and while I'm not quite throwing my hands up in the air and wondering why we bothered preserving fan ownership, it does raise various questions which require some honest self-reflection in due course.

33 minutes ago, Dosser1886 said:

Disappointed to hear that, thought you were a shoe in tbh.

Likewise. 

14 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Turnout was stinking.

It was higher than last time, but not by much. I suspect this all goes to show just how few people in the grand scheme of things actually pay that much attention to this thread. No wonder Lionel never came back 😢