Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I’d have thought the turnout was low because of a complete overload of Motherwell during summer when people are going on holiday, having a few weeks without football etc.  There were a lot of candidates and I think for some people reading through all the info/watching videos was probably too much.  

Popped on SO for a look 

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

On a different subject, well done to the candidates that were elected on to the Well Society board today and commiserations to those who didn't quite make it, as other folk have said before me, there were some great candidates and hopefully they can also contribute to the new era of TWS. 

Viva Motherwell.

1 hour ago, JayMFC said:

Trying to remember your password from 12 years ago so you can post some selective touristy Instagram photos out of context in order to "own" a volunteer devoting their time to try and better your football club is certainly one way to use your Tuesday.

Baffling stuff.

Bet you're glad you didn't take any pictures by the Nuremberg road sign when in Germany otherwise they may have came after you for endorsing certain rallies in the 30's.

I'll get right on drafting the new social media policy to ban all holiday snaps. In the meantime all board members advised not to travel to Rio and take a picture at Christ the Redeemer, visit Hungary or Cuba as that is tacit approval of religion or their governments.

Edited by Vietnam91

4 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Bet your glad you didn't take any pictures by the Nuremberg road sign otherwise they may have came after you for endorsing certain rallies in the 30's.

I'll get right on drafting the new social media policy to ban all holiday snaps. In the meantime all board members advised not to travel to Rio and take a picture at Christ the Redeemer, visit Hungary or Cuba as that is tacit approval of their governments.

Thank f**k the North Korea guy didn't run!

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

And that’s enough steelmen online for me. 

There were some absolute roasters on there when I actively engaged. Seems a few of the rare 'normals' are here now, which I appreciate.

41 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

I'll get right on drafting the new social media policy to ban all holiday snaps. In the meantime all board members advised not to travel to Rio and take a picture at Christ the Redeemer, visit Hungary or Cuba as that is tacit approval of their governments.

For those of you in both spaces, please don't let on that one of us 'over here' has visited DPRK......

The irony being, of course, that my two electric guitars are a Fender Jazzmaster, and, a Fender Telecaster.....

1 hour ago, Vietnam91 said:

That Peter Miller account bears a striking resemblance to that time frame and posting behaviour.

Quite the long game to wait 12 years to try and skewer someone

Not that I'm suggesting anyone should abuse their omniscient Well Society powers, but it wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes levels of deduction to see how many subscriptions have been "cancelled as of today" in the last few hours. I'd be surprised if the number is anywhere north of zero.

8 minutes ago, Dan Electro said:

For those of you in both spaces, please don't let on that one of us 'over here' has visited DPRK......

The irony being, of course, that my two electric guitars are a Fender Jazzmaster, and, a Fender Telecaster.....

I swear, some of your posts make me think I'm doing an briefcase exchange at a park bench in the 1970's.

3 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

I swear, some of your posts make me think I'm doing an briefcase exchange at a park bench in the 1970's.

Outwith the private messages, there's at least one other here whom would know me....

And, if Sydney Devine is still here, he knows me too.....

13 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

It's a fuuuuuunkin stupid way to show us. Just gimme a list.

Yeah I don't like it either and on the topic of lists....can we stop this nonsense of players in the starting 11 being listed in their position? Let's just get back to the numerical order. I don't know why or remember when this started but I really don't like it.

Congrats to the folks voted on to the WS board. Think 2 or 3 of my votes made it through.

So many good candidates who will hopefully still be involved.

On @DerekWatsongate, I nearly didn’t vote for him. Not because of any political leanings (just read SO), it was just that I  remember a game of sevens a few years back when he didn’t pass to me when I was better placed to score 🤣.

20 minutes ago, Alanos said:

Congrats to the folks voted on to the WS board. Think 2 or 3 of my votes made it through.

So many good candidates who will hopefully still be involved.

On @DerekWatsongate, I nearly didn’t vote for him. Not because of any political leanings (just read SO), it was just that I  remember a game of sevens a few years back when he didn’t pass to me when I was better placed to score 🤣.

I think this is a very reasonable reason not to vote for Derek, tbh.