Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

22 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

Got my certificate and confirmation letter in today - officially now a Well Society member :)

I joined a long time ago when there were tiers and offers.  I got invites to the team photo and a bottle of wine (Claret), are there any offers in the pack nowadays?

Edited by ropy

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I joined a long time ago when there were tiers and offers.  I got invites to the team photo and a bottle of wine (Claret), are there any offers in the pack nowadays?

Fuxk, lucky you. I’ve been paying since the beginning and was promised a lot but received absolutely hee haw. I’ve asked about ‘rewards/tiers etc’ a few times and been fobbed on a couple of occasions with ‘we are looking into it’. No surprise never had a response. 

Don’t pay into it for the rewards but tbh, they are letting themselves down with the admin and missing a trick with this as an incentive. 8 years of paying my monthly and on the old tier system I would be pretty high up I believe. 

5 hours ago, Ceiling Granny said:

At the risk of sounding like my da, with the current trend of video podcasts (is that even a thing) is there a way of listening without the video? I generally listen to this kind of thing walking to work, but if I press play on YouTube I can’t put my phone in my pocket without it clicking on pause/skip etc. because it won’t play without the screen being on. I don’t know if I’m being dim, and I feel myself getting older just by asking 😂

YouTube Premium allows you to do it if you're willing to pay for it. I got it a year or so ago and I can't go back to watching anything with adverts now. 😂

5 hours ago, Ceiling Granny said:

At the risk of sounding like my da, with the current trend of video podcasts (is that even a thing) is there a way of listening without the video? I generally listen to this kind of thing walking to work, but if I press play on YouTube I can’t put my phone in my pocket without it clicking on pause/skip etc. because it won’t play without the screen being on. I don’t know if I’m being dim, and I feel myself getting older just by asking 😂

I get this to be fair. A few podcasts I listen to have had audio for a decade & now have the video option. ( I have no idea why to be honest) I am fine with that but there is very little visual stuff to it. I did notice a few clips of random (what looked like) podcasts on the reels of instagram and thought I'd like to hear that. Only to find out they are not actually podcasts but wee TV shows (is that right?) on YouTube etc.

Maybe it's easier to monetize video?

I've never watched a podcast, the whole point of them for me is that it's something to listen to while I'm driving or training, when I can't watch stuff.

9 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Maybe it's easier to monetize video?

I've never watched a podcast, the whole point of them for me is that it's something to listen to while I'm driving or training, when I can't watch stuff.

Something like that. It’s also the case that socials platforms like Twitter, IG etc have long been pivoting away from static content to video which means you’re probably going to get better results from the algorithm by posting video clips.

Then you have TikTok which is obviously entirely video based.

While you can upload audio to YouTube I’d imagine that you’re going to get far better reach and engagement (and subsequent monetisation) from the algorithm with video.

I mean, who even uses Youtube as a platform for listening to podcasts?

I’m pretty much the same in that I listen to podcasts largely as an audio medium when I’m cutting about but I’ll admit that I’ve found myself watching some of The Ringer stuff (The Big Picture, The Rewatchables etc) on Youtube as if they’re shows rather than pods (having already listened to bits of the audio versions in a different context).

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Something like that. It’s also the case that socials platforms like Twitter, IG etc have long been pivoting away from static content to video which means you’re probably going to get better results from the algorithm by posting video clips.

Then you have TikTok which is obviously entirely video based.

While you can upload audio to YouTube I’d imagine that you’re going to get far better  reach and engagement (and subsequent monetisation) from the algorithm with video.

I mean, who even uses Youtube as a platform for listening to podcasts?

I’m pretty much the same in that I listen to podcasts largely as an audio medium when I’m cutting about but I’ll admit that I’ve found myself watching some of The Ringer stuff (The Big Picture, The Rewatchables etc) on Youtube as if they’re shows rather than pods (having already listened to bits of the audio versions in a different context).

Is right. 

The reason for video, (in general rather than this specific example) is a) it's easier to monetise, and b) Reels/tiktok are so all encompassing at the moment. 

YouTube algorithms are f**king scary as well, while you don't get fed podcasts, you'll generally find them yourselves or see an advert/promo, YouTube will point you directly to your interests so... Yeah. I get the desire for it, particularly for a younger generation than myself who don't necessarily view linear stuff as much.

Someone said that some of the guys who were lifted, but not charged are still banned from FP.

The guys are playing right into his hands though. This is exactly what he wants.

He's still a p***k. 

I suspect my section will be a bit busier than usual.

10 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Any particular story behind this, or just another case of Mr Park and Co. being dicks again?

Normally a good atmosphere vs Hearts, but this will make the home end a lot quieter.

Screenshot_20240824_105945_Messenger.thumb.jpg.bd4c7b4ac826bebdd9704a49c798e4d6.jpg

Shat it off me and my mates, tbh.

21 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Someone said that some of the guys who were lifted, but not charged are still banned from FP.

The guys are playing right into his hands though. This is exactly what he wants.

He's still a p***k. 

I suspect my section will be a bit busier than usual.

I kind of agree with your second statement but if these guys feel this is the best course of action then I’ll support them. For all their faults, they bring a helluva lot to Fir Park and will be sorely missed tomorrow. 

I fully agree with your third statement though and he’s definitely disliked by many. He should have been dismissed from his role for the mess he made of the East Stand alone. 

This feels like a failure in fan relations to me. I’m very disappointed and a bit saddened (if that’s not too dramatic a word to use).

I get it is not to everyone’s taste but the effort the boys put in to create atmosphere and to the displays is undeniable. Speaking as parent I know one of the main reasons my son goes to games is because of what they do. 

Surely an understanding can be reached. 

Have to say I’m also annoyed by the rule that demands you need to be 14 to get in on your own. I get the logic and the need for due care but I feel we’ve gone too far in that as well.

12 minutes ago, Gawnupby said:

I kind of agree with your second statement but if these guys feel this is the best course of action then I’ll support them. For all their faults, they bring a helluva lot to Fir Park and will be sorely missed tomorrow. 

I fully agree with your third statement though and he’s definitely disliked by many. He should have been dismissed from his role for the mess he made of the East Stand alone. 

What actually is his role and who appointed him?

42 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

The bar for a club banning is much lower than a criminal prosecution.

May well be quite reasonable for the club to ban someone even if they're not being charged.

I can think of three people I know who were banned from Tynecastle at various times, and none of them were ever charged with anything. The one of them I know best had to go and apologise grovellingly for being a dick to a steward. Even after that, Hearts left him in a cooling off period.  And rightly so.

Edited by VincentGuerin

13 minutes ago, Gawnupby said:

He should have been dismissed from his role for the mess he made of the East Stand alone. 

I get the feeling he is very very happy with the final outcome of how the east stand now looks compared to before.

It's an absolute joke how much that stand has been transformed from how it used to be. 

6 minutes ago, Blink182 said:

I get the feeling he is very very happy with the final outcome of how the east stand now looks compared to before.

It's an absolute joke how much that stand has been transformed from how it used to be. 

It’s more the lead up to the final outcome he should get his jotters for. 

10 minutes ago, TheMighty said:

This feels like a failure in fan relations to me. I’m very disappointed and a bit saddened (if that’s not too dramatic a word to use).

I get it is not to everyone’s taste but the effort the boys put in to create atmosphere and to the displays is undeniable. Speaking as parent I know one of the main reasons my son goes to games is because of what they do. 

Surely an understanding can be reached. 

Have to say I’m also annoyed by the rule that demands you need to be 14 to get in on your own. I get the logic and the need for due care but I feel we’ve gone too far in that as well

This is exactly my thoughts. Let’s be fair, the game on the park is not the reason many youngsters want to go. It’s a rarity where watching the 90 minutes doesn’t feel like a chore these days. Like it or not, the young team down the bottom corner of the East Stand are one of the biggest influences in getting new fans of a young age through the gate. 

I suspect they already do support them to an extent but the club & Brian Caldwell should have full support of these guys. They dedicate their own time and money to it all and it’s not just what they do inside the stadium but outside too. Tomorrow I’ve seen they’re holding a food bank drive pre match, although unsure with the boycott if this is still going ahead or not. 

16 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

What actually is his role and who appointed him?

I might be wrong here but I’m sure his title is Head of Security (although he probably has far more influence in other areas than he should!) and he came in when Burrows was running the show.