Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

14 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Motherwell should be 3 or 4-0 up here, kill them whilst we can 

Dunno if I'd quite go that far but a very decent half. You can see that Hearts - even off top-form - have quality in attack and if they get it together, we could be in trouble.

But even if we screw it from here, that's a 45 minutes that suggests we can be competitive this season, which is always my immediate concern!

4 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Dunno if I'd quite go that far but a very decent half. You can see that Hearts - even off top-form - have quality in attack and if they get it together, we could be in trouble.

But even if we screw it from here, that's a 45 minutes that suggests we can be competitive this season, which is always my immediate concern!

Gordon has had 2 top, top saves and Casey should've been putting that header away early on* was my thinking, I do get your point though they've had flashes of really good football.

*Albeit I don't have the benefit of a replay so I could be being harsh.

Absolutely outstanding performance. 

Bar a nervy 15 minutes after they scored, we had those jambo jabronis on toast today. 

Also, sign up Maswanhise on a longer deal now! 

Edited by MurrayWell

Absolutely brilliant, hugely satisfying.

A classic of the genre where we faced a technically better side (who will in all probability finish well above us in due course) and battered them for the majority of the 90 minutes and were very resilient when they had their inevitable good spell.

Yes, we could have conceded another one or two but we could have racked up five or six there.

It'll be a very different challenge in Perth next week but a result there and we can consider the chunk to the first international break a big tick.

22 hours ago, Yabba is a Turd said:

Great news, no ear plugs required tomorrow. Grow up boys, We don't like Bobs attitude, so we're not playing ball. You either support the team or don't, end of. 

To the 12 angry men who dissed this post, Giruy. What a tremendous support and result. COYW. PS a boycott isnae standing up the back. 

1 minute ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Absolutely brilliant, hugely satisfying.

Did not make the game today but for me that is exactly what this result is. Hugely satisfying. 

Hearts have been struggling and did play away from home on Thursday night, but all that said they have the bigger squad and better players apparently. 

The pressing in the 1st half especially was brilliant. When I saw the line up I thought I would like Seddon and Balmer and maybe even Watt to start. But fair play Casey and Wilson did very little wrong. Halliday also was a livewire. Did not think he had that energy. 

Miller started slowly on his birthday but came onto a game and his delivery for the goals well……Liam Gordon has been a fantastic signing. Yes we lost a goal but we look so much more solid in central defence. I watched some of the goals we lost v Hearts last season at Fir Park and was not surprised to see confusion in defence and in goals. Without wanting to jinx it we look SO much more solid defensively already this season. 

I genuinely thought we would struggle this season and we may still will. But with quite a few key players missing and that kind of effort and performance I hope I will have to change my mind on expectations this season.

A huge Well done to the whole team and Management on the win today 👏👏