Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Hence my use of the word "plastered" - a change so big needs to be made obvious. I shouldn't have been able to buy my adult season ticket (even when the rules about accompanying children don't affect me), without the season ticket area spelling that out in big writing. I shouldn't have been able to see any graphic, or watch any video on social media without learning this new rule. There would even have been an opportunity for a gimmicky video about child safety and what the club were doing. 

I think anyone would have to concede that when a reactive press release takes place about a new rule that's been implemented, when there wasn't a proactive one, highlights a failure in comms.

Completely agree. I don’t think I’ll be the only person that looks no further than the price when renewing.  I think anything that changes the status quo needs to be highlighted properly in a YOU CAN’T MISS THIS INFORMATION way (with any change, not just this), and not doing this sort of seems like they knew it’d be an issue and played it down.  Either that or they just thought it wouldn’t be an issue which is worse.  

Edited by Ceiling Granny

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I'd imagine this is what happens but in a round about sort of way.

We pay it and recharge the cost of an agreed amount - whatever that is.

It's semantics but I'd guess we're still paying it rather than telling the contractor to invoice Hibs (as it was them who damaged the seats the last time) or whoever.

The rumour I heard is that the person responsible at Motherwell for fixing the stand f**ked up the ordering of replacement parts and that is why it has taken so long and why the club having to foot a hefty bill.

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

There's definitely something going on that's prompted this. Either Stama is crocked or Stuparevic is rubbish is my guess.

We're just drunk on all those lovely French Euro's.

Can we secure and release someone in the same window?

15 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

There's definitely something going on that's prompted this. Either Stama is crocked or Stuparevic is rubbish is my guess.

I have a feeling Stupa may turn out to be rubbish. Based on his 1st half showing v Thistle. Might be another Casper Sloth in the making. 

Certainly hope it is not that Stama is scheduled to be out for longer than the initial diagnosis. 

As for Jack Vale. He is fit, quite pacy and can score. Maybe not double figures but he is a known quantity to Ketts and vice versa so maybe helps him settle in quicker than another random forward on loan. I suspect Ketts knows what he is doing here 🤞.

3 hours ago, Swello said:

You could take it a step further and actively target younger high school kids via the schools themselves (in line with the WS strategy about targeting different parts of Lanarkshire) - make a positive out of the whole thing as we, like all clubs have an aging support and need to get younger folk into going..

It would be a genuine reason to ask the West of Scotland question, what school do you go to?

Primary or secondary.

If Vale signs and when he start's he'll play that 10ish role where Kettlewell's trying to shoehorn Miller into atm. This would allow Miller to drop to his favoured position. Works for me. 

I'd rather have the options we look likely to have this season up top than Oli Shaw as 5th choice. 

29 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I think it's both

Not seen a lot of the guy, but wonder if Stuparevic will need some time to settle, looked way off it against Thistle. 

Stamatelopoulos is due back in like three/four weeks (?), but we might be working with a view of not rushing him, especially as he's not played in the league before and will need to restart his 'mini pre-season'. Also the whole 'playing him too early' debate that I'm sure none of us want to get back into. 

I thought Vale was good for us. Chat is he had other loan offers but really wanted to return to Motherwell. 

8 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Not seen a lot of the guy, but wonder if Stuparevic will need some time to settle, looked way off it against Thistle. 

Stamatelopoulos is due back in like three/four weeks (?), but we might be working with a view of not rushing him, especially as he's not played in the league before and will need to restart his 'mini pre-season'. Also the whole 'playing him too early' debate that I'm sure none of us want to get back into. 

I thought Vale was good for us. Chat is he had other loan offers but really wanted to return to Motherwell. 

He’s daft as a brush and he loves the ‘ Well . As evidenced by him paying £600 to get his picture taken with Stevie Kirk at the POYT.

I thought Vale was fine, not great, but a potential work in progress... taking him on now with our current squad is definitely odd unless you think there's an issue with someone. And presumably given his contract situation, even if this is officially a short-term gig, it's with more than half an eye on a longer deal.

Been, to quote a line from a Viz photo story; 'doing dead hard sums', and doing two quick separate posts as the subject matter is quite different:

On return from Singapore during Covid, I performed two 'Key Worker' roles; first in North Yorkshire (office) and County Durham (site).

I travelled with documentation on headed notepaper.

Whilst I like @santheman 's post, doing similar, with parents 'buying in' to active consent takes the administrative burden and material risk from the club.

Potentially a GPDR data rabbit hole to overcome, however, this has already been latent since the legislation was launched. (Please bear in mind that I previously was a Global Risk Assessor for a (then) 23,000 organisation.

We are a fickle bunch. SOD has one of his top three games in four years with the club against a Hearts side who have been chronic since opening day. And while I suspect some are on here a bit tongue in cheek, many are treating it like we awakened a dormant Cafu.

Stuparavic has got 81' from the league cup and scored 20 yard goal, albeit vs Clyde. If anyone recalls the whole team were toilet vs Partick Thistle and many a pitchfork was being sharpened immediately after. To single him out is a head scratcher for me.

If anyone has any ITK that he's like a competition winner in training, fair enough, but at least voice it to give context.

When we sell a guy who could earn us over £2m, who got two goals in 20 matches with 1,018' played (equivalent to approx. 11.5 full matches), I would have thought we may have learned a wee bit of temperance.

Edited by Vietnam91

Regarding age, and, crossing over into music:

Privately, I alerted a former Shanghai Scot of an artist I discovered. Sent him the YouTube clip of her playing the debut single from her second album, aged 21.

"Too young" came the response. I pointed to the fact, that, at the time, Norman Whiteside was the second youngest ever player, to Pele, to play in a World Cup Finals.

"True" was his response.

Inasmongst as a cliché, in my view, if you're good enough, you're good enough. Just, that we should be wary of Tierney's career.

Back to the music, said artist's third album reached number one last but one Friday ago. (For reference, it took Pink Floyd five to achieve this).

Artist headlined BBC Radio Stage at Reading on Sunday, with one review stating ""she's finally the rockstar for her generation". She's 24 today.

At just what age did John McGinn start to be "really good"......?