Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, eliphas said:

Stupa scored a cracker Vs Clyde did he not and has played less than 90 mins all in? Are we writing him off Steelmenonline style? 

Come on lads and lassies, we are better than that surely. 

Some of us think Stupa might not be very good. A hunch. Nothing more. I hope and I am sure we all hope we are wrong.

But it is based on us targeting more forwards also. 

Hardly herecy. Sometimes in here is a hoot. 

Episode 6 Sacrifice GIF by BET Plus

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

Know what? Get Blair Spittal back on loan fae Hearts. f**k it just ask. 

Naismith screams young manager who has suddenly vastly overestimated his own ability...will be curious if he returns to obvious solutions or doubles down.

2 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I cannae help myself. Nothing better than "BIG CAT SPOTTED IN RUTHERGLEN" and it turns out to be a bin bag stuck in a fence.

I’d be up for more ‘big cat spotted’ chat in this thread. When I lived down south the local paper had a big cat story at least once a month. 

3 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Naismith screams young manager who has suddenly vastly overestimated his own ability...will be curious if he returns to obvious solutions or doubles down.

Apparently I can’t work double quoting anymore… 

Anyway, I think too many young managers learn the art of doubling down as their career progresses. 

7 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Some of us think Stupa might not be very good. A hunch. Nothing more. I hope and I am sure we all hope we are wrong.

I mean if you sign 18 folk in one summer you can guarantee at least one or two of them are shite just by averages.

1 hour ago, eliphas said:

Stupa scored a cracker Vs Clyde did he not and has played less than 90 mins all in? Are we writing him off Steelmenonline style? 

Come on lads and lassies, we are better than that surely. 

I was being sort of tongue in cheek, literally all I've seen of him is his penalty at Montrose and the highlights against Clyde. I genuinely can't get my head around the Vale signing unless Ketts has some weird new role in mind for him or there's something wrong with one of the other strikers, with Stuparevic being the only one we haven't seen in the league yet.

3 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I mean if you sign 18 folk in one summer you can guarantee at least one or two of them are shite just by averages.

Basically. And to be honest if only a couple out of 15 turn out to be duffers that is a good ratio all told.

This place is nothing like SO. Hence why so many including myself reside solely on here. Much more interesting, informed and rational debate imho.

But boy do we have some delicate flowers and then we have Busta 😉

20 minutes ago, welldaft said:

If we're just going on a hunch then I'd like to say I reckon Johnny Koutroumbis will be shite, no other reason besides vibes

1 minute ago, camer0n_mcd said:

If we're just going on a hunch then I'd like to say I reckon Johnny Koutroumbis will be shite, no other reason besides vibes

Has Johnny played a game for us yet to actually form an opinion. You know the answer…

Stupa scored a good goal v Clyde but was below par v Thistle. Not alone granted but last I checked you are allowed a hunch. Unless a law has been introduced that I missed. 

Delicate flowers as I said…..

15 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I was being sort of tongue in cheek, literally all I've seen of him is his penalty at Montrose and the highlights against Clyde. I genuinely can't get my head around the Vale signing unless Ketts has some weird new role in mind for him or there's something wrong with one of the other strikers, with Stuparevic being the only one we haven't seen in the league yet.

No need to explain yourself Yassin.  Most of us understand and we’re not in the slightest upset or offended. 

It is a football forum after all. You are allowed an opinion and one that is hardly offensive or upsetting….to most anyways. 

Made my point. End off. 

26 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Know what? Get Blair Spittal back on loan fae Hearts. f**k it just ask. 

Having seen Hearts twice in a few days - they look like they need all the help they can get.

Remember listening to a fitba podcast a while back and there was a Scottish manager (Cannae mind who) saying he always offered players from overseas a 2 year +1 deal as the first year is considered a total write off due to acclimatisation , personal issues etc , then if they turn out good in their 2nd year then you have the option to get another good season out them . Mental to think folk are writing someone who is probably still trying to work out where the f*ck they've just moved to off after a few LC cameos .

17 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Has Johnny played a game for us yet to actually form an opinion. You know the answer…

Stupa scored a good goal v Clyde but was below par v Thistle. Not alone granted but last I checked you are allowed a hunch. Unless a law has been introduced that I missed. 

Delicate flowers as I said…..

Haha. Oh boy. 

Nothing really meant by my comment other than we seemed to have a few folk beginning to write someone off so seemed fair to counter it given he’s hardly played. I can assure you I really don’t care in the grand scheme of things. 

Daffodil.

Edited by eliphas

I can’t actually remember much of what Vale did last season but saw pictures of him having a laugh at the POTY thing.

As for Hearts, do they still have that guy who was pretending to be the manager last year?

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

I can’t actually remember much of what Vale did last season but saw pictures of him having a laugh at the POTY thing.

As for Hearts, do they still have that guy who was pretending to be the manager last year?

Aye he's, the assistant manager. Naismith has been allowed to be the manager in Europe this year as he's currently doing his UEFA Pro licence.

3 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Aye he's, the assistant manager. Naismith has been allowed to be the manager in Europe this year as he's currently doing his UEFA Pro licence.

Maybe they will swap places again.

17 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Haha. Oh boy. 

Nothing really meant by my comment other than we seemed to have a few folk beginning to write someone off so seemed fair to counter it given he’s hardly played. I can assure you I really don’t care in the grand scheme of things. 

Daffodil.

It just seems strange we are targeting and signing a number of forward players. 

Probably also because he was sold at one point for £3m and is now with us. There must be a catch. He must have had the ability at some point to be fair.

This is possibly his last chance to prove he has got what it takes to get his career back on track. I say good luck to him, but I just get a sense something is up. But I have been wrong many times before.