Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

12 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

A few years ago people were booing Jamie Murphy and applauding Chris Cadden when they returned. My head nearly came off my shoulders.

I gave up booing returning players after The Derek Townsley Incident

Wilson to me is similar to Reynolds when he broke through in that he wasn’t possibly going to start or even get a run until he had too. Once’s he’s in the team then he has made it his own position. Reynolds was 5th choice CB back then and never left the side. 

It’s the old adage of you don’t know they are good enough until you actually give them a chance. 

There was a good discussion about youth on BBC Scotland today with Tom English and Neil Doncaster. Not getting a chance and signing rubbish overseas players instead. Wilson to me shows you have to at least give them a shot. It does help however that he is an absolute unit of a boy. 

44 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

A few years ago people were booing Jamie Murphy and applauding Chris Cadden when they returned. My head nearly came off my shoulders.

Was Murphy playing for Rangers at the time? That might go some way to explaining it 😄

8 hours ago, Ill Ray said:

The back 5 though, they’ve been class as well. Not be long before people in media etc start singing the praises of Ewan Wilson been absolutely solid recently.

No doubt the priority was the transfer window, then Kettlewell, but presumably renewals are next...Wilson has already shown enough to suggest another couple of years is worth it so he can develop in peace with his future sorted.

1 minute ago, ropy said:

It was good to see Jair Tavares in the dug out area celebrating and interacting with his new team mates as they left the pitch.  Squad integration from day one.

I genuinely think we're going to get a decent turn out of him.

A player with ability but with his confidence absolutely shot by the cluster f**k that Hibernian are; we've seen this movie before.

In full agreement on Wilson, initially he was clearly in as Seddons backup but he’s came on a ton and would now be difficult to shift, great to see.

Also kudos to our back 3, really impressed with solidity that Gordon has brought but Casey yesterday was unplayable at set pieces and both goals arguably down to him (maybe over the line already when Moses got the touch?).   Nice combination of solidity, blood and snotters, organisation and maverick attacking threats.

1 hour ago, eliphas said:

Was pissing myself at the time/worried about an assault. Great job on clipping it.

You showed better restraint than I would have done. I would have shoved the microphone up the guys arse 😎.

Great result even though I cashed out at 1-1 having a Motherwell win on Skybet 🤦‍♂️.

A lot to like about this team. And you know even a couple of weeks ago I thought finishing bottom was a distinct possibility. Don’t want to jinx it but very unlikely to happen now 🤞🙏.

10 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Was Murphy playing for Rangers at the time? That might go some way to explaining it 😄

Nah he was in the same Hibs team as Cadden! It was nearly as bad as half the away end applauding Danny f**king Johnson away at Dundee.

Just now, thisGRAEME said:

Am I alone in thinking Wilson is basically a left footed Cadden? Not a criticism of him at all, but his build and aggressive running feels very similar.

I was actually thinking yesterday at the game that his playing style reminds me of a left sided Dicky Tait. 

Better hair obvs.