Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

44 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Wilson is really impressing me, as he has for several games.   Is my armchair (office chair) view a fair reflection of how he's been doing?

He definitely seems to be improving each game, and doesn't look out of place. It doesn't always work that way with younger players, but he's fully deserving of his place right now.

Absolutely buzzing to have a semi final to look forward to, but gutted to have missed being at that tonight. Took a seriously dizzy spell at my mates house doing the pick ups en route to Fir Park and had to retreat back home. Watching stream in bed and it cut out at 75mins so missed the drama at the end, f**king catalogue of misfortune.

Anyhoo, fvcking yasss!!

4 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Absolutely buzzing to have a semi final to look forward to, but gutted to have missed being at that tonight. Took a seriously dizzy spell at my mates house doing the pick ups en route to Fir Park and had to retreat back home. Watching stream in bed and it cut out at 75mins so missed the drama at the end, f**king catalogue of misfortune.

Anyhoo, fvcking yasss!!

Success is the best medii, look after yourself!

3 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Anyhoo, fvcking yasss!!

Sorry to hear you missed the epic climax  (ooo-errrrr, yub yub) but think yourself lucky you get to see the Mighty Well more often than a lot of us in this forum.   See you at Hampden :D

I couldn't bring myself to be enraged at moult scoring, I just like him too much. It was nice that it ended up not meaning anything because Moses is a last minute nightmare, we should keep him forever.

Thought mcginn was a bit lucky with his yellow, but I think he said he was sorry, so that should put that to bed.

Working away but watched on my phone.

Thought both teams poor in 1st half, but what a strike, and felt we started 2nd half well, but you could sense them getting a grip in midfield and felt subs should have been earlier then 77 mins as they had built up a fair bit of momentum and after Ox's 1 on 1 save just felt an equaliser was coming.

I think previous teams might have buckled but there is real resilience in this team and we deserved to win it as we were the team pushing for the winner while Utd seemed to want extra time.

7 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I’m not sure what it means.  The glory of our history might make slightly more sense.  

I've got word magnets on my fridge that make more sense than that sign. Did Noel Gallagher write it?

1 minute ago, Randolphtops said:

I think previous teams might have buckled but there is real resilience in this team and we deserved to win it as we were the team pushing for the winner while Utd seemed to want extra time.

Don't think there's any doubt that (the resilience point). I was idly thinking about the sides that won trophies 'recently' and while you don't need to be especially good, you need to be solid, have a bit of inspiration and then industrial quantities of good fortune or outright luck.

We're definitely resilient and solid, we certainly have potential inspiration... looking at the semi finals, I'm not convinced all the luck in the world will be enough from here but it's great to be in the hat to find out.

14 minutes ago, Randolphtops said:

They certainly stopped rolling around pretending they were injured and taking 30 seconds to restart the game every time it went out once United had equalised. 

Sorry, just lashing out in a childish manner. 😉😞

It’s true though. 

Just now, adamntg said:

They certainly stopped rolling around pretending they were injured and taking 30 seconds to restart the game every time it went out once United had equalised. 

It’s true though. 

We're allowed to time waste m8. We're the establishment club.

f**king Yasssss!

That's the best night we've had at Fir Park in a long time. Place was absolutely bouncing at the end. Think I've f**ked my voice at the end but will happily spend my weekend a bit hoarse for that.

A really good cup tie and so happy for Miller. That pen was in as soon as he picked up the ball, boy's f**king class.

That was fun. What a great bunch of lads! 

Delighted for Robinson, terrific finish despite him not having the best first half. He looked more confident in the second after that strike.  

Moses was great when he came on, pleasure to watch him turn Declan Gallagher inside out in the lead up to the penalty. Oxborough was solid again and made an absolutely quality save when it looked a certain goal. Miller, superb. Team showed so much spirit and character again, looking forward to our trip to Hampden.  

1 minute ago, camer0n_mcd said:

We're allowed to time waste m8. We're the establishment club.

At least you weren’t constantly throwing it in the disabled enclosure for no reason this time.  That was a bizarre tactic. 

3 minutes ago, adamntg said:

It’s true though. 

Is it f**k