Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

34 minutes ago, Randolphtops said:

As a tour bus driver I have to jump in here 🤣

It's not just the 15 miles each way, the bus and driver is tied up for most of the day, a new 50 seater bus will set you back 300k plus, football is high risk (windows are no cheap!), believe me the least of the cost is the drivers wages 🤣🤣

Tbh compared to public transport, fuel, parking, overall hassle etc £20 is reasonable

I'll counter just for giggles.

You can fly to Palma from Glasgow on Easyjet at roughly the same time as the KO for £22. £12 of that is tax and both airports will take a handling fee. A new A320 is S101m but Easyjet probably get them for about £50m each new. Granted it takes 4x the people and you have to get back but there are also six employees on board to get you there.

The club is making a wee extra cut here and fair enough but if I fill my car and pay for executive or even pauper car parking it's not going to be £100.

I know the WS is trying to encourage folk onto pushbikes but prefer the carrot over the stick.

Edited by Vietnam91

The club should be taking the hit on this if they want fans to go. For context I live well below the poverty line so 20 quid is a big deal to me but I want to go so I'll pay it - if club 100 can run buses for 17 quid why can't Motherwell? Surely there has to be some middle ground here 

43 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I mean, at this point I can only applaud their commitment to the bit.

I am probably late to the party but they replaced ex-Motherwell Diarmuid O’Carroll with ex-Motherwell Brian Kerr.

Only 5 in the match day squad on Saturday.

Gentlemen as you might have noticed I'm not a regular poster here but again the people no-one really knows on FB appear on the platform to leave comments denigrating the WS and boost their post count for the year to 6. Strange behaviour once more and it grates therefore bringing me out my exile again.

We all know the good stuff Dickie & McMahon have done in the past. We are all very aware of the absolute pigs ear they have made of their legacy with their recent actions but it's good to see Dickie out the way and things moving in the right direction again. 

I'm sick of the nepotism which has blighted this club for decades and maybe now we have turned a corner. Looking forward to seeing the make-up of the new board and what's to come. Still some Old School Tie recipients in situ though and a watchful eye needs to be kept on them. Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

On the subject of investment, IIRC correctly we are looking at £3 Million we didn't have a few months back so seems to me we just keep doing things the right way and the funds will come in without actively seeking investment. If it comes along fine we can look at it but I'd rather we were sustainable, which we undoubtedly are just now.

On the subject of the stadium, I'm firmly of the opinion we do what we need to do to Fir Park. A new ground is not viable financially IMO and is not required either so we work out remedial plans for Fir Park and work it into our budget going forward. 

And as for the semi-final, my seat is in Germany. Booked to go see Gladbach v Bremen as a birthday gift from my kids before we knew the dates clashed, couldn't have them losing money by cancelling so I'm sticking to the plan. From what I've seen the whole Gladbach weekend might be cheaper.