Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, mwellhighland said:

For anyone in same boat, was able to sort postage after buying online then phoning ticket office and paying the £2 fee over phone.

Reason given for no option was they were trying to discourage post due to tickes not being replaceable. Have my thoughts on that when trying to get as big a backing as possible - just give a disclaimer or something.

Aye, it's not particularly helpful when you stay about 50 miles away.

23 hours ago, camer0n_mcd said:

One of the pyro that was set off at Hampden against Rangers earlier this season was dropped onto the pillow of a young kid not far from me and set it on fire and burnt through it, there's surely got to be a safer way to do it than dropping a still flashing pyro onto the ground.IMG_20240810_150135.thumb.jpg.d4c60e24f7def3e463b95339d0e40d68.jpg

And his parents' jackets got burn spots, too.

3 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

He is indeed, but I’d also be annoyed if I failed to score against John Soutar!

It's funny how people see the game differently. I thought Souttar played well last night, I've certainly seen much performances from Scotland centre backs, even this calendar year.

20 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

It's funny how people see the game differently. I thought Souttar played well last night, I've certainly seen much performances from Scotland centre backs, even this calendar year.

Yep, and I thought he did fairly well in Croatia too.

On 15/10/2024 at 17:20, Jastons6 said:

I'm sure there was an option to have tickets delivered for a £2 fee .  I got mine when first open to season ticket holders although I decided to collect instead. 

I'm guessing it isn't solely a Motherwell decision re: physical tickets.

Just a reminder that's it's 2024, and Scottish Football still does not have mobile/E-ticketing...🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Antiochas III said:

Just a reminder that's it's 2024, and Scottish Football still does not have mobile/E-ticketing...🤦‍♂️

I don't think it's that they don't have it, it's that they chose not to use it. I've had plenty of tickets from Motherwell emailed to me in the past and I've got an app on my phone that I have any of my Scotland tickets on.

1 hour ago, Allroy for Prez said:

He may well have played well or least ok for Scotland but he hasn’t been playing well for Rangers which begs the question how he made the squad in the first place?

Because he’s playing regular football unlike a couple of our other cbs and he’s fit unlike a couple more. He also did very well across the last two games, he was man of the match last night, so a bit of strange point.

1 hour ago, camer0n_mcd said:

I don't think it's that they don't have it, it's that they chose not to use it. I've had plenty of tickets from Motherwell emailed to me in the past and I've got an app on my phone that I have any of my Scotland tickets on.

As did I. Strange that they aren't using e-tickets when it's the same stadium. AFAIK the app is the only way to get into Hampden for Scotland games (you wouldn't believe the difficulties I had sorting out my elderly father for it 😒).

Football tickets are a nightmare because there's apparently no way to differentiate between Rangers Vs Celtic or Millwall Vs West Ham and Motherwell vs Ross County.

The fact you can't rock up and pay at the gate to a quarter full stadium is a nonsense and the fact that you can't buy tickets online unless you have a special user number given to you by the club is even worse. 

2 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Because he’s playing regular football unlike a couple of our other cbs and he’s fit unlike a couple more. He also did very well across the last two games, he was man of the match last night, so a bit of strange point.

My point was I would’ve thought that form as well as playing regularly and being fit was equally important. 

Apparently not as he’s been rotten for Rangers. At least anytime I’ve seen him. 

21 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

My point was I would’ve thought that form as well as playing regularly and being fit was equally important. 

Apparently not as he’s been rotten for Rangers. At least anytime I’ve seen him. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but you’re coming at it from the angle that Liam Gordon deserved to be called up over him? 

Been lurking for some weeks after a new handset, and, not being particularly motivated in commenting until now. 

Could repost loads of points, however, I'm a lazy get.

By no means the club's 'biggest fan', if any such thing exists, I was one of at most, two handfuls of persons to have witnessed both Flamutari and Sligo away. The latter, as a colleague (at the time) knew Seamus Coleman.....

Having not lived in Scotland since 2002, and, with my father dying in 2020, I find myself 'outside the system'.

Whilst currently working in Farnborough, the club representative didn't grasp that I cannot collect my bought ticket after initial email, in which I politely asked that the ticket be sent to my work address. No material/tangible response so far.

So, two days lost so far. Now have zero family in the area, and, I'd rather stick cocktail sticks in my genitals before trying to re-aquaintsnce myself with, say Sydney Devine.

I vehemently place my dissatisfaction with the SFA. Absolute madness that pdfs/e-tickets aren't an option here.

Deeply ironic in that whilst there have been many tangible improvements regarding the club recently, there is a somewhat derailment regarding an external matter. 

In this instance, there's a material barrier to non locals supporting their team in a tangible, meaningful manner.

Diametrically opposite to some of the points that The Well Society have been suggesting regarding increasing global reach. (Via a few PMs).

Rant over!

6 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Not necessarily. It never occurred to me that Gordon was a realistic shout but I never considered Soutar a realistic shout either. 

Why not? There's no Scotland standard, simply who's considered the best in that position at the time after injuries and suspensions. Ask SOD and his 26 caps 🙂

Soutar clearly had a tonne of potential as a youth and who knows how good he'd be if his body was up to it. I don't think it's unfair to say that this perception boosts his standing more than his performances merit.

However, much like SOD back in the day, the question is if you don't want him, who do you play? We've been woefully inadequate at CB for as long as I can remember, this time we had no McKenna or Hendry and having to pick two of Hanley, Soutar, Porteous at this level will always be problematic.

As it happens, I thought Soutar and Ralston, another massive concern, certainly played as well we could reasonably hope.

Most folk don't like to admit it, but playing average/poor for Celtic/Rangers doesn't mean you're a worse player than someone playing well for Motherwell etc.

John Souttar is in because he's one of the best CBs Scotland have on the ball and Clarke encourages playing through the midfield. Liam Gordon couldn't do that at International level and if he played for Rangers would be a disaster.

Appreciate that it's very after the fact but after weeks of St Mirren fans being furious it was mildly interesting to hear Collum talk about this and the audio of the incident actually aligns with how I've viewed the incident on multiple watches.

Despite St Mirren fans attempts to gaslight everyone it's entirely inconclusive as to whether there's actually a handball from Miller.

Edited by capt_oats

I don't know how this has turned in to the Scotland thread, but anyway. Scott McKenna, Kieran Tierney and Jack Hendry are injured. Liam Cooper has just signed with a team in Bulgaria after months without a club. Ryan Porteous and Grant Hanley have been struggling to get picked for their clubs. Souttar, both being in the squad and playing, is the biggest no brainier there is.