Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Hopefully Hibs have plenty of sacrificial rams to help Bigi atone for his sins otherwise things could get messy.

I mean that was his highlight eh? And McHugh catching him after moult scored.

4 minutes ago, supermarv said:

I didn’t make the rumour is what I’m trying to say, the rumour came from twitter and when I asked they didn’t say anything about him. Should’ve made my comments a bit clearer 

Well this is quite the turnaround from “one of my mates works at Hibs”...

11 minutes ago, CSmith said:

Well this is quite the turnaround from “one of my mates works at Hibs”...

Nah you aren’t quite getting it. The rumour came from twitter saying he was at hibs right u got that? So I said I’d ask my mate who works for hibs. He then proceeds to tell me he knows 0 about the hartley deal. However, he told me about 1. Bigi, 2. The lad from Leicester and 3. Marc McNulty and all were 100% spot on, sorry I was right...

Edited by supermarv

Liked Bigi - as he was pretty likeable as footballers go -  but his tea was oot after he sold the jerseys against Hearts in the LC QF and he obviously made some other defensive f**k ups after that (everyone that was at the St Mirren game already had their eyes covered before he made that "challenge"). Given his obvious natural ability (and harsh as it is to say it), he has to go down as a failure unfortunately.

We've had a bit of a clearing of the decks - but I'm taking the positives out of that. Turnball and Hastie have emerged as first team players and have effectively been two signings that compensate for a poor summer. Gorrin is definitely worth a run in the team until the end of the season and we've brought in Ariyibi and McCormack - so I can think of worse transfer windows to put it mildly.

Also - good day on the 'Well thread :)

So aye, I take it that'll be that then.

IN:
Gboly Ariyibi (loan from Nottingham Forest)
Ross McCormack (loan from Aston Villa)

OUT:
Andy Rose to Vancouver Whitecaps (Free)
Barry Maguire (loan to Queen Of The South - end of season)
Jordan Armstrong (Released)
Jason Krones (Released)
Ryan Bowman to Exeter City (Undisclosed - nominal)
Alfredo Agyeman (Released)
Ross MacLean to Falkirk (Free - w/ sell on %)
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair (loan to Crewe Alexandra - end of season)
George Newell (loan to Albion Rovers - end of season)
Broque Watson (loan to East Fife - end of season)
Gael Bigirimana to Hibs (Free)

Actually mental if anyone's looking at this as anything other than a decent enough window.

We got cash money for Ryan Bowman, replaced him with Ross McCormack, extended David Turnbull's contract to 2021 and added Jake Hastie to the team. It'd have been nice if we'd been able to get another forward in but unless we were able to move a few out we're stacked.

We'll not be making any savings with the Maguire, Newell and Watson loans but getting Bowman, ATS and Bigi off the wage bill seems like a positive given all three were probably on a decent wedge and parked on the bench (or in the case of ATS the physio room).

Get Hastie and Scott on longer term deals off the back off this window and it'll have been absolutely fine IMO.

By my count that gives us a first team squad of 25 (including Young Team and injured players).

GK: Carson / Gillespie / Ferguson
RB: Grimshaw / Donnelly
CB: Aldred / Mbulu
CB: Dunne / Hartley
LB: Tait / Livingstone
CM: Campbell
CM: Gorrin / McHugh
CM: Turnbull / Tanner
RW: Ariyibi / Cadden
CF: Main / McCormack / Johnson / Sammon / Scott
LW: Hastie / Frear

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

So aye, I take it that'll be that then.

IN:
Gboly Ariyibi (loan from Nottingham Forest)
Ross McCormack (loan from Aston Villa)

OUT:
Andy Rose to Vancouver Whitecaps (Free)
Barry Maguire (loan to Queen Of The South - end of season)
Jordan Armstrong (Released)
Jason Krones (Released)
Ryan Bowman to Exeter City (Undisclosed - nominal)
Alfredo Agyeman (Released)
Ross MacLean to Falkirk (Free - w/ sell on %)
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair (loan to Crewe Alexandra - end of season)
George Newell (loan to Albion Rovers - end of season)
Broque Watson (loan to East Fife - end of season)
Gael Bigirimana to Hibs (Free)

Actually mental if anyone's looking at this as anything other than a decent enough window.

We got cash money for Ryan Bowman, replaced him with Ross McCormack, extended David Turnbull's contract to 2021 and added Jake Hastie to the team. It'd have been nice if we'd been able to get another forward in but unless we were able to move a few out we're stacked.

We'll not be making any savings with the Maguire, Newell and Watson loans but getting Bowman, ATS and Bigi off the wage bill seems like a positive given all three were probably on a decent wedge and parked on the bench (or in the case of ATS the physio room).

Get Hastie and Scott on longer term deals off the back off this window and it'll have been absolutely fine IMO.

By my count that gives us a first team squad of 25 (including Young Team and injured players).

GK: Carson / Gillespie / Ferguson
RB: Tait / Grimshaw
CB: Aldred / Mbulu / Donnelly
CB: Dunne / Hartley
LB: Livingstone
CM: Campbell
CM: Gorrin / McHugh
CM: Turnbull / Tanner
RW: Ariyibi / Cadden
CF: Main / McCormack / Johnson / Sammon / Scott
LW: Hastie / Frear

Aye that was going to be a point I was going to make. Getting these players off the wage bill will hopefully allow us to tie down the the likes of Hastie.

It is a good window for me, unfortunately  made necessary by a disastrous summer one. Hopefully lessons have been learned.