Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Feel sorry for Fletcher, clearly a decent player but injuries appear to have ruined his chances of progressing to a decent level. 

This time last year most of us were raving about him and were desperate for his return from injury, whilst Moult was receiving a fair bit of criticism early doors for not being up to scratch. Funny how things turned out.

10 hours ago, Casagolda said:

This time last year most of us were raving about him and were desperate for his return from injury, whilst Moult was receiving a fair bit of criticism early doors for not being up to scratch. Funny how things turned out.

Indeed.  I was one of those guys.  I had really high hopes for Fletcher, but it just wasn't to be.  Moult quickly became the man and the rest is history.  

2 hours ago, Desp said:

I'm pretty sure they are the Champions, so I believe they are in it.  Didn't Stevie Saunders sign for TNS as well?

He did, another promising player who was ruined by injuries. 

Speaking of sicknotes, anyone know if Lee Lucas is still with the club? I know he was technically 'released' after his contract ran out but I assume we had to do that or else he couldn't sign for anyone else after the window shut.

Just with Alan Burrows mentioning  they were looking at possible free agents was wondering if Lucas was still in the equation. Given it now looks like McGhee now has the money to sign him if he wants.

40 minutes ago, mjw said:

Its terrible when Motherwell players get called up for international duty. It's much better when they have to go to a 'bigger' club to get recognised.

Well personally speaking I don't really want any Motherwell players, or management for that matter, involved with the Scotland set up, particularly during the season as I find it nothing more than a distraction that we could do without. Obviously though players want to play international football and no one can fault them for that but I don't lose any sleep if there is no Motherwell representation at that level.

In the case of Chalmers though, if that's the best that the national set up can find in that position then they really are fucked.

Pleased for Joe. Hopefully it boosts his confidence even further, and it'll benefit Motherwell.

Sums up Ricky Sbragia though. We're now in a position where we can't qualify, so instead of getting an 18/19 year old in with an eye on the next campaign, he picks a 22 year old.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Have I missed something...?

Some Well fans ripping the p1sh out of Scotland FA for selecting a Motherwell player for International recognition. I am perplexed too. 

The fact is that Chalmers has actually been semi decent so far this season. Granted he was not last. But some on here are incapable of changing their minds.

Funny how one or two talk about idiotic posts and posters on Steelmen Online.

Some Well fans ripping the p1sh out of Scotland FA for selecting a Motherwell player for International recognition. I am perplexed too. 

The fact is that Chalmers has actually been semi decent so far this season. Granted he was not last. But some on here are incapable of changing their minds.

Funny how one or two talk about idiotic posts and posters on Steelmen Online.

Some Motherwell fans struggle to get by without having a player with a target on his back.
Its a strange way to act.

Well personally speaking I don't really want any Motherwell players, or management for that matter, involved with the Scotland set up, particularly during the season as I find it nothing more than a distraction that we could do without.

Utterly ridiculous school of thought.