Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

One thing this whole saga has done is remind us how Celtic fans believe in their souls that any player should feel orgasmic awe and sprint over to them obediently at even a sideways glance from the great club. And are then completely bewildered and raging when they don’t.
I think the bewildered rage is the best bit.

On 08/06/2019 at 12:46, wastecoatwilly said:

I understand the clubs position get as much as possible but not a good move for the player.
For me I've seen too many players going south and not fulfil their potential.
He will want first team football, wouldn't want him to go to Celtic if he stagnates on our bench.
If the agent is pulling the strings hes in trouble,there should still be a path way for the player to follow.

Said this about a week ago,the player needs to grow a pair.

13 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

That article refers to comments about waiting to see what offers come from England. Where has this come from? Who has said this?

If you go back to the Motherwell statement that has Celtic Twitter entirely bent out of shape the implication is that the club have been fielding offers for him from a number of clubs for weeks. As yet Celtic's the only one that met our valuation so they're the only ones that have been granted permission to speak to him.

I'd guess that both the player and the agent know who the other clubs are:

We have rejected several seven-figure offers for David in recent weeks, with clubs the length and breadth of the UK speaking to us about him.

If those teams who have expressed an interest but as yet haven't put a concrete bid in are to his preference and he's in no rush to leave Fir Park then why commit to a deal you don't really fancy just because it's on offer.

As I mentioned in my post earlier, he's said himself he's kb'd interest/offers from sides previously because he didn't feel it was right for him.

Edited by capt_oats

Said this about a week ago,the player needs to grow a pair.

What? Just because he sees Celtic as a poisoned chalice and/or he doesn’t want to play for a notorious incompetent like Neil Lennon?

The guy 1. Has told Celtic where to go go, which automatically gives him more backbone than the hapless little left back, and 2. Will get a move to a bigger club at a higher level with higher wages.

What part of that, precisely, is cowardice?

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

He had 4 months left he could've left for nothing.

That's my point you absolute weapon.  But I will try and explain it better for you.

1. The agent advised him to not sign on with Motherwell.  Which shows that Turnbull doesn't just take orders from his Agent.  He has his own thoughts.

2. It wouldn't have been for nothing.  

Edited by Antiochas III

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

What? Just because he sees Celtic as a poisoned chalice and/or he doesn’t want to play for a notorious incompetent like Neil Lennon?

The guy 1. Has told Celtic where to go go, which automatically gives him more backbone than the hapless little left back, and 2. Will get a move to a bigger club at a higher level with higher wages.

What part of that, precisely, is cowardice?

This is what he said in January
 “I think I’ve made a decent start, but I know I’ve got a lot to learn and the place for me to do that is at Motherwell.”
Are you tell me his agent isn't pulling the strings?

This is all wonderful stuff; I hope it's not just posturing for playing-time assurances or more dough, though it would still be lovely if so. I hope it's the case that Turnbull has his head screwed on - Celtic is not a great club for a young player to go to right now, given the more-than-usually pressurised environment and the current manager, someone who's not got a great track record when it comes to developing players.

3 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

That's my point you absolute weapon.  But I will try and explain it better for you.

1. The agent advised him to not sign on with Motherwell.  Which Shows that Turnbull doesn't just take orders from his Agent.  He has his own thoughts.

2. It wouldn't have been for nothing.  

You haven't got a scooby how things work,everybody knew offers would come in after the season finished.
Turnbull was having his best ever season strike when the iron is hot is the phase.
Get more dosh for the club that gave him the platform and move on good terms with the support win win.

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You haven't got a scooby how things work,everybody knew offers would come in after the season finished.
Turnbull was having his best ever season strike when the iron is hot is the phase.
Get more dosh for the club that gave him the platform and move on good terms with the support win win.

:lol::lol:

The Agent certainly wouldn't give one thought about Motherwell getting as much money for Turnbull as they could.  In fact, he advise for the opposite.

This is what he said in January
 “I think I’ve made a decent start, but I know I’ve got a lot to learn and the place for me to do that is at Motherwell.”
Are you tell me his agent isn't pulling the strings?

His agent is advising him. That’s what agents do. It’s not just about money, believe it or not. It’s easy to see agents as nefarious, but actors have agents, writers have agents...

That’s also a marketing department statement from a 19 year old who isn’t terribly eloquent and doesn’t want to be doing press conferences.

Seems to me that you aren’t coping with the idea that Neil Lennon isn’t regarded as a good influence on young players, or that clubs might have more appeal than Celtic