Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

On 28/06/2019 at 11:55, Londonwell said:

Hold on a minute? Keigan Parker was once the hottest prospect in Scottish football? 

terry crews what GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Hard to believe with the way it turned out, but yes for a short period of time he was. 

Imagine that, eh, a young lad being rated highly after only half a season of first team action?!

A quick google search turned up this article:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13140549.rich-history-to-draw-upon-but-parker-still-has-something-to-give/

Still, nowhere near a Michael Ballack comparison, obviously!! 🤣🤣

I think the season you are talking about is when Kenny Miller scored a load of goals for Hibs and got Young player of the year so he wasn’t. 

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think the season you are talking about is when Kenny Miller scored a load of goals for Hibs and got Young player of the year so he wasn’t. 

Miller getting young player of the year was 99-2000, he signed for rangers that summer. Not pretending I knew that, just looked it up.

Parker had his spell at the start of 2000-01 season, scoring 10 goals by Christmas at 18 years old and getting an under 21 cap. He faded away and didn't score again that season.

Can we now move on from the Keigan Parker chat?! I only mentioned him as a throwaway example of a young player who had a great spell in the premier/ ship and got talked up for a big move, only for it to be shortlived, and them possibly not fulfil potential for one reason or another. Every club will have an example of this. 

There are no guarantees in football,  great opportunities don't always come back around.

33 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Nice to see the kit not ruined by sponsorship ..........long may it continue!!!!!!!!

I was away to ask about that, have you not got one yet or are you going the full season without one?

Was thinking the same.

Main scored 2 league goals in 19 games before Christmas, I’m not sure how he explained that? Or the other 10 odd years of his career prior to moving to Scotland. Decent enough player who has is uses but never a goal scorer. 

On Ariyibi, I noticed Forrest are back for Pre-season training this week while the bold Gboly is still on holiday. It seems like his tea’s very much oot there, just a case of whether he or Forrest get any better offers I suppose.

Edited by Casagolda