Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

On the transfer fee business, I noticed Alan Burrows mentioning to someone earlier today on Twitter that "From the most recent example the club received its highest combined fee since 2009" I take that to be Johnson as he's the most recent transfer. Taking a quick look back Clarkson went to Bristol City for a reported £600k in 2009 so I guess that gives a rough idea of the minimum the Johnson fee is worth to us.

I'm only going by this report cited on the 2009/10 wiki tbf http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/8121847.stm

That was quite an entertaining read. Gary Johnson talking about Clarky being worth much more in a few years and the player wanting to play in the premier league. Also I'd forgotten about the Setanta deal collapse :lol:

Interesting that as far back as 2009 we were complaining about selling players with only a year left on their deals or seeing players move when their contracts ran out instead of getting the income we should have. And it's only really starting to be addressed now.

And the dopey ref got the league cup final.
Scottish football eh?

Think it's more the linesman's fault tbh. It was clearly over the line and i said that at the match, but when the linesman is in a perfect position which he was and he says it wasn't over the line, the referee has to be absolutely certain in order to over rule him from that position.

Couple of games shifted for TV in January/February on top of the cup game.

Rangers home game now 12.30 Kick off - Sat 28 Jan, with Hearts at home brought forward to a 12.15 kick off the following Saturday.

Gives us 3 tv games in 3 weekends, with Ross County away sandwiched in between Rangers and Hearts game. Could well see the Aberdeen game rescheduled in there too just to make things even more awkward. 

Very refreshing to see the club putting its emphasis on the youths and typing up our best talents on long term deals, when in the past we would have let their contracts run down. 

Davie Turnbull has been of our best players in the 20s this season, i'd imagine the next one we might see follow suit will be Jake Hastie.

28 minutes ago, Del_Superwell said:

Very refreshing to see the club putting its emphasis on the youths and typing up our best talents on long term deals, when in the past we would have let their contracts run down. 

Davie Turnbull has been of our best players in the 20s this season, i'd imagine the next one we might see follow suit will be Jake Hastie.

He just looks like a natural footballer. He's got a great first touch, is composed on the ball and can pick out a pass. He's started adding goals to his game too.

His goal for the 20s against St Johnstone last season was superb. It's him that starts the move off picking the ball up in his own left back area.

It's at 1m 40secs below, he's #8:

Yeah I remember believe it or not as far back as the pre season game against Albion Rovers thinking this boy has something about him he came on in that game, he was spraying passes about during his sub appearance like he had been playing for years.  I saw him in the Morton cup game for the 20s a couple weeks back and he was excellent for us, scored a long range effort that Keith Lasley would've been proud of in his younger days.

Edited by Del_Superwell

Wait. What?! I'll preface this by saying it's "according to The Sun" but apparently Barnsley, Brentford and Wigan are looking at Ben Heneghan? I know 'tis the season for transfer rumour and speculation but he's been here since June and has been decent enough but genuinely surprised to hear his name being touted as a possible move.

Edit: here's another link http://the72.co.uk/69934/champ-trio-scottish-defender/

Edited by capt_oats