Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

21 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Another cursed left back? Or did Carroll break the Hammell curse forever?

The blurb in the announcement has him as a left back and centre back.

“I feel he gives us real pace and athleticism in the back line. He is also very versatile and can play at left back and centre back.

“He is very composed on the ball and has real pace. He’s someone I feel that, if he can continue to improve, he can play at a high level."

Link

I'm guessing it's whoever fits in best between him and Lamie for the left back and left centre half spots (at least until Carroll's fit).

I'd imagine this all but confirms Charlie Taxi's away.

Not that it means much but Transfermarkt has McGinley as a centre back as his main position.

2014837343_ScreenShot2020-06-15at19_35_50.png.0de63f2345d3046276d40337bb94187a.png

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I'm guessing it's whoever fits in best between him and Lamie for the left back and left centre half spots (at least until Carroll's fit).

I'd imagine this all but confirms Charlie Taxi's away.

Aye, seems about right.

Shame about Dunne, I always liked him but considering he's managed less than 40 games over the last 2 seasons it's understandable. 

Certainly aren't hanging about anyway, 3 in the door already with Fox also seemingly set to join shortly. That should pretty much fill the gaps of those that left at the back-  with the possible exception of us now lacking a bit of cover for Grimshaw at right back now Tait's gone.

So keeper to middle, we look pretty much sorted then? Which just leaves the forward area, which admittedly still looks like it could do with some work. Especially once Long's inevitable departure is officially confirmed.

Edited by Casagolda

11 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Aye, seems about right.

Shame about Dunne, I always liked him but considering he's managed less than 40 games over the last 2 seasons it's understandable. 

Utterly dull content from me here so apologies in advance but it seems a Nathan McGinley fan has clipped together a couple of videos of his involvement in a few games. I've not watched them the whole way through so he may be a total bombscare ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Centre back:

Left back:

Left of a back 3:

Edited by capt_oats

13 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Would suspect Lamie is in as cover for us. And if McGinley is a pacey left sided defender I worry Charlie Dunne's tea may well be oot. 

Dunne is coming back from a long term injury. He was given a contract to help him through his rehab. I think he would have been away this summer if he had been fit enough to find a new club.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Utterly dull content from me here so apologies in advance but it seems a Nathan McGinley fan has clipped together a couple of videos of his involvement in a few games. I've not watched them the whole way through so he may be a total bombscare ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Centre back:

Left back:

Left of a back 3:

nearly half an hour of f**k all there.

8 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

What thread is worth reading?

Where did all @supermarv's posts go?

Think it's the transfer thread over by. Theres some lad on there who thinks himself as thee ITK until big Marv swooped in and the two went at it for the top spot.

I hope Marvs not ditched it. That transfer window a while back when he rose from the ashes like a clued up phoenix was one of the  best times on here. 

Edited by Londonwell

9 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Think it's the transfer thread over by. Theres some lad on there who thinks himself as thee ITK until big Marv swooped in and the two went at it for the top spot.

I hope Marvs not ditched it. That transfer window a while back when he rose from the ashes like a clued up phoenix was one of the  best times on here. 

No he doesn’t. And has never claimed to be...

It’s easy to stick out dated info on there as ‘exclusive’ and the sycophants lap it up.

Edited by Onthefringes