Scottish Cup 2016/17

mrman2011

I'd be disappointed if officials from leagues/associations didn't pay in like everyone else, but you may well be right.

Situation with 'comps' is actually quite vague in the rulebook - the away club is entitled to 10 and that they should be "for the directors box", but beyond that it's for the clubs to agree.

As far as I can see from the rules these should be included in the attendance, as with STs (for which an allowance is also made) and so on.

My own view is the "attendance" is everyone attending to watching the match - includes committee, complimentaries, media etc. but not players, physios, stewards etc.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 17:06, HibeeJibee said:

Again no surprise. PR2 draw:

Leith Athletic v Coldstream
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic v Burntisland Shipyard
Edusport / Colville v Girvan
Threave Rovers v Linlithgow Rose
Banks o'Dee v Golspie Sutherland

Glasgow University are in a hopeless position with the changes SFA have brought in. I feel sorry for them in some respects.

They'd only won 1 tie since 1969 as it was, but now have to play a month before term begins and against a top Junior side. Today was their first competitive match of 2016-17.

If cup payments are the same as before (i.e. £1,000 for a preliminary round exit) then you wonder if it's really worth them bothering.

Their licence gets some other payments, but renting Airdrie for all their games must be expensive when it's only needed for 0 or 1 matches a season.

I believe the payments per round are now out. Each of the preliminary rounds along with the 1st round proper will see each club receive £2k per round plus a share of tv cash (£600 per game played) whether part of a highlights package or not. So a team which plays in both preliminary rounds and the 1st round will get £7800 plus share of gate. For a junior team like Bonnyrigg who look well placed to win their preliminary tie that would mean pretty much the equivalent to winning the Junior Cup. So to me, any thoughts of it hardly being worth the bother even for small clubs can be set aside. You're looking at 2600+ even if you get a hiding in your only game. 

34 minutes ago, HTG said:

I believe the payments per round are now out. Each of the preliminary rounds along with the 1st round proper will see each club receive £2k per round plus a share of tv cash (£600 per game played) whether part of a highlights package or not. So a team which plays in both preliminary rounds and the 1st round will get £7800 plus share of gate. For a junior team like Bonnyrigg who look well placed to win their preliminary tie that would mean pretty much the equivalent to winning the Junior Cup. So to me, any thoughts of it hardly being worth the bother even for small clubs can be set aside. You're looking at 2600+ even if you get a hiding in your only game. 

Fair enough, at least that provides better financial recompense than used to be the case in the preliminaries. That said the old inconsistency the other way has returned if you're right: Bonnyrigg for example collect £5,200 + 2 shares of the gate whereas Linlithgow collect only £2,600 + 1 share of a gate for happening to get a random bye. They should really do it on the basis of a payment for playing in prelims (maybe with a supplement for being drawn in PR1) and increase R1 payment to make it more than the prelim. After all the rest of the cup increases incrementally.

E.g. £2k for playing in preliminaries, £1k supplement, £4k for R1.

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Fair enough, at least that provides better financial recompense than used to be the case in the preliminaries. That said the old inconsistency the other way has returned if you're right: Bonnyrigg for example collect £5,200 + 2 shares of the gate whereas Linlithgow collect only £2,600 + 1 share of a gate for happening to get a random bye. They should really do it on the basis of a payment for playing in prelims (maybe with a supplement for being drawn in PR1) and increase R1 payment to make it more than the prelim. After all the rest of the cup increases incrementally.

E.g. £2k for playing in preliminaries, £1k supplement, £4k for R1.

I don't think it's entirely random. I think only unlicensed clubs were put into the first preliminary round - perhaps with as many licenced clubs were needed to make up the right numbers for the final preliminary round. The licenced clubs of course get a separate payment by virtue of being licenced. I certainly don't think Strathspey for example will start by receiving any more than the 2k for their round 1 appearance. The prize money all the way through the tournament is pretty poor though. The decent money is in the tv live games and we know who hoovers that up. 

On 23 August 2016 at 12:21, Hampden Diehard said:

Scottish football in a nutshell......the clubs are crying out for cash and yet 44 complimentaries handed out whereas only 67 pay in.  See if you can't put your hand in your pocket, we don't need you.  You should see the numbers turning up at QP matches looking for free entry when there's a couple of cancellations.  Too many people think that they are entitled to something for nothing.

100% agreed and too many freeloaders . They Would run past someone selling a half time draw ticket with no shame but are first in to enjoy the freebie food and drinks at half time and that's not sponsors I'm talking about as they're entitled to it , more so the parasites who leech onto clubs and take take take with no shame. 

18 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

100% agreed and too many freeloaders . They Would run past someone selling a half time draw ticket with no shame but are first in to enjoy the freebie food and drinks at half time and that's not sponsors I'm talking about as they're entitled to it , more so the parasites who leech onto clubs and take take take with no shame. 

I attended a SFL 1 game last year at Stenhousemuir and was in the wee bar under the stand and I could not believe the number of comps being given out at the desk. Given the finances of Scottish football it seems ridiculous to give way free tickets

3 hours ago, lonewolfie said:

Is this a first? 3 women officiating at Banks O' Dee v Golspie Sutherland.

William Hill Scottish Cup Prelim Rnd 2 Sat 03-Sep-16 Banks O' Dee v Golspie Sutherland Spain Park 3.00pm Lorraine Clark Kylie McMullan Molly Alexander

It may be a first in the Scottish Cup.

However, the fact rings a vivid bell from last season; if it wasn't in the Scottish Cup then it was in something like the Highland or Lowland leagues.

19 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

It may be a first in the Scottish Cup.

However, the fact rings a vivid bell from last season; if it wasn't in the Scottish Cup then it was in something like the Highland or Lowland leagues.

Lowland League

There was a "here comes the girls" thread iirc

Today's results.

Once again no shocks - other than the eye-watering winning margin for Bonnyrigg - and having got past Edusport over 2 games in PR1 it was a bridge too far for amateurs Colville.

Banks o'Dee 4-0 Golspie Sutherland
Beith 2-2 Auchinleck Talbot
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic 14-0 Burntisland Shipyard (fourteen-zero)
Colville Park 0-1 Girvan
Leith Athletic 1-0 Coldstream, at Spartans
Threave Rovers 1-2 Linlithgow Rose

Archived