Scottish Cup 2016/17

mrman2011

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11 September 2016 at 00:16, HibeeJibee said:

Senior fans who were looking forward to IsabelGoudie, the Auchinleck juggernaut and Talbot's 17,000 strong support, will be saddened to see they exited 3-0 at home to Beith today.

Second Preliminary Round, replay
Auchinleck Talbot 0-3 Beith

First Round (September 24th)
Beith v Strathspey Thistle

Having seen both these teams recently, I don't think Bonnyrigg's record 14-0 is in danger, but it could be close...

10 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Are strathspey poor mate? 

I visited them last week. Went to all the old HL grounds watching Caley but hadn't been at some of the new ones. Fort William scraped a 1-0 win to take them off the bottom and on to 4 points, above Strathy Jags. Good competitive game but standard very poor although Strathspey have now won at Clach and Nairn. Remember the HL is 18 teams and the gap between them is huge.

You being a Beith man - it reminds me of the old days when Whitehill from the EOSL beat St Cuthberts of the SOSL in the Qualifying Cup Final 5-0. Back then the 4 semi finalists entered the big Scottish and St Cuthberts were due to travel to Ross County. County boss Bobby Wilson was there spying and on the way out I joked with him that they would only need 9 men to beat that lot. Bobby actually had to big up the St Cuthberts side to his players in case they went out on the lash on the Friday night. County beat them 11-0 after it was 9-0 at half time. So Beith will have to guard against the same. Without checking I wonder if this is Strathspey's biggest ever game and biggest ever crowd. Shame youse are not getting a day trip out of it mind...

They have only played in the Scottish Cup twice before - 4-2 defeat at Culter in 2014-15, and 2-1 defeat at home to Edinburgh University last season. Since turning Senior and joining HL for 2009-10 they have played in the North of Scotland and Highland League cups each season... in the NofS Cup they have lost all 7 ties, in the HL Cup they beat Fort William 3-1 in their second season and lost all the other 7.

Since joining HL, their finishing positions have been 18th, 17th, 17th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 16th (out of 18 on each occasion). So I don't think there is any question that the expectations of neutral observers in them facing Beith isn't who'll win, but how many Beith will win by.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Is the next part of your Faroes blog up for viewing yet Mantis?

Haha no I've just done Lochee Utd today just for a wee break :lol: if you were following me you'd have got a tweet :whistle the last Faroes bit was pt 3 Argir.

thanks for asking though.

The juniors definitely gets more hits but Lewis and Faroes gets more feedback.

the next bit is more or less written though, at least the photos are loaded so it doesn't take long to bash out a few words ;) I can do that anywhere but I need my desktop to edit photos.

I'm actually away to Iceland tomorrow with the missus, hard life I've got.

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 18:41, Voice of (t)reason said:

Ainslie Park may not be available anyway. Spartans U20s and Edusport Academy U20s alternate the Friday nights in the Lowland & EOS U20s League, then Spartans Women are at home on the Sunday.

The Womens game kicks off at 1.00. Could be a 3.30 or 4.00 start in the cup tie.

Yep. Leith Athletic v Cumbernauld Colts will be a 4pm Sunday KO at Spartans (showing on the EOSFL site's fixture list) after the lassies have done.

On 13 September 2016 at 14:30, 8MileBU said:

What's your @ on Twitter and I'll follow you?

What's the link to your blog again? I usually just click the links you put on here.

Lochee though... Lovely place eh? :whistle

@mantis1955

https://scottishfootballgroundswordpresscom.wordpress.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to welcoming Strathspey & their supporters to Bellsdale.

All your support will be made welcome in our pubs for a pint before and after the game, we wish you all a safe journey home afterwards.

Obviously I hope you see your team lose but other than that I hope you enjoy your day out in Beith.

I agree with that, all this seeding nonsense takes away the romance of the cup. I'd love an away day to Fort William, Wick is the dream even though I'm told it's a dump- the train journey would be brilliant if nothing else. When will Shetland teams be admitted?

30 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I agree with that, all this seeding nonsense takes away the romance of the cup. I'd love an away day to Fort William, Wick is the dream even though I'm told it's a dump- the train journey would be brilliant if nothing else. When will Shetland teams be admitted?

You don't want Wick in the winter months believe me :-(

Archived