French Open Tennis 2016

lichtie23

I'd say the stars are sort of starting to align for Andy, but Wawrinka, if he gets past Gasquet, will be extremely difficult.

Depends, he may end up having to play Gasquet and Wawrinka on back to back days, and Gasquet could be a long match for Murray, whilst Wawrinka should cruise through his match. At least his two early five setters will be out the legs by now and he can almost reset for the quarters.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see Murray beating Djokovic in the final. Clay is just not his surface.

Clay appears to be as much his surface as any other now.

I can't see Murray beating Djokovic in the final. Clay is just not his surface.

Commentary during the Rome final said he has the best record on clay this season.

Would have agreed with you a couple of seasons back but he's improved hugely on clay. When he lost to Ferrer in the QF a few years back i thought that was about as far as he'd ever get but he's a real contender now.

Commentary during the Rome final said he has the best record on clay this season.

Would have agreed with you a couple of seasons back but he's improved hugely on clay. When he lost to Ferrer in the QF a few years back i thought that was about as far as he'd ever get but he's a real contender now.

31 wins 4 losses since Jan 2015.

Dunno, he was pretty average in the Wimbledon final in 2013.  Kept giving Andy everything central.  It was the Scot who was making all the angles.

Murray has started this match extremely well, hitting the ball cleanly, finding the right angles with drop shots and hitting the ball with so much spin that it's effectively ruining Gasquet's backhand.

Not like Murray to dominate a first set like this against someone like Gasquet. 5-2 now. Surprised it's so empty given its the hometown hero.

You could feasibly have Murray in the semi finals before Goffin or Gulbis have qualified for the Quarter Finals.

Straight forward for him so far, neutralised Gasquet's backhand so far.

Not like Murray to dominate a first set like this against someone like Gasquet. 5-2 now. Surprised it's so empty given its the hometown hero.

Gasquet is well down the pecking order in favourite French players.  Monfils, Tsonga and Simon are all more popular.  I think it has more to do with the cost of the tickets.

Archived