Ayr United, What now 2016/17

Nothing has changed after yesterday's game, fully expected to lose. The Dumbarton result was a real kick in the nuts though. To avoid finishing bottom still need 3 wins from last 5 games. It's a big ask but doable.

But the first one must come next week. If we fall to last place we'll have no chance against the top teams. Confidence will be fucked.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

But the first one must come next week. If we fall to last place we'll have no chance against the top teams. Confidence will be fucked.

Wish they'd kept all the fan offers for this one, a quid a head or something similar for a game of this magnitude.

We should be refunded for that fucking performance yday .....sooo ssooooo bad ....

If it was a home game aye but I doubt St Mirren are going to refund 600 hundred Ayr fans when St Mirren won.

Just had a look at Raith's next four before they play us on the last day of the season... there could be life in the auld Ayr dug yet.

I'd expect them to lose at Dunfermline next week, possibly pick up a point at home to Morton before losing both games away at Hibs & St Mirren. That single point gained would give them an advantage of 3 points on our current total with a probable much better goal difference. We'd then need a win & a draw in our next 4 to then go to Kirkcaldy needing only a point to avoid 10th, I think most of us would take that right now.

Make no mistake, this is a battle for 9th/10th only, 8th place has likely sailed but I'd much rather our run in than Raith's.

Just had a look at Raith's next four before they play us on the last day of the season... there could be life in the auld Ayr dug yet.

I'd expect them to lose at Dunfermline next week, possibly pick up a point at home to Morton before losing both games away at Hibs & St Mirren. That single point gained would give them an advantage of 3 points on our current total with a probable much better goal difference. We'd then need a win & a draw in our next 4 to then go to Kirkcaldy needing only a point to avoid 10th, I think most of us would take that right now.

Make no mistake, this is a battle for 9th/10th only, 8th place has likely sailed but I'd much rather our run in than Raith's.

If we win next week and somehow dumbarton can beat saints then I don't think 8th is gone. But that would involve a saints collapse. I don't think we can catch dumbarton or anyone else (other than raith).

But three points next week is an absolute must.

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Nothing has changed after yesterday's game, fully expected to lose. The Dumbarton result was a real kick in the nuts though. To avoid finishing bottom still need 3 wins from last 5 games. It's a big ask but doable.

I can see us beating Queen of the South and Raith but i've no idea where the last one is going to come from. We've got no chance at home to Dundee United or Hibs in my opinion and Morton are extremely good at home and only lost once there in a year.

Excuse me knob end ....you actually at the piss take

You can't expect the chairman to refund the fans after every bad game.

He didn't even get any money after yesterday's game so why should he ??

An appology to the fans from both the manager and the yank ...im not the only one but it cost me the guts of 60 pound yday to take myself and two younger brothers fuel money ,food etc ...to get absolutely torn to pieces ....

If it had been a genuine lack of interest and effort from the players then yes I would've expected an apology. Given that there was a huge gulf in class between the two sides and we were well beaten by a much better team I don't need an apology from anyone.

We were torn apart by Hibs at home and Morton at home and nobody expected an apology from McCall then.

When was the last time we had that big an away crowd for a normal league game and lets be honest when is it likely to happen again after that shitshow yesterday. There was probably folk there yesterday who've hardly been at a game all season but thought they'd go along since it's a big game, they aint going to be back again before the end of the season.

Aye but come on to f**k biggest game so far .huge travelling support ....fucking torn to shredds a never saw effort yday did you

I saw an Ayr team who were blown away by a team full of pace and quality individual performances. We started off really well but after they scored the first goal with the first attack they just didn't stop and we were helpless.

So 3 performances at easter road this season could not fault them.think hibs have a bit better set up than st mirren do you not think ....

I thought St Mirren played better yesterday than Hibs did in the game we beat them in. I can't comment on the game we drew as I wasn't there.
The two best performances I've seen against us this season were the 4-1 Morton game and yesterday.
At least Hibs kept possession for large parts and played the ball around the back. Yesterday St Mirren didn't do that first half. The destroyed us after 25 minutes and didn't stop. Second half they were just toying with us as the game was well over.

I can see us beating Queen of the South and Raith but i've no idea where the last one is going to come from. We've got no chance at home to Dundee United or Hibs in my opinion and Morton are extremely good at home and only lost once there in a year.

Think we can and need to win next 2 games and then beat Raith on the last day. I agree Hibs and Morton look forlorn hopes. That said we'll probably fail to win the next 2 and we'll be down before that last game.

Archived