Ayr United, What now 2016/17

We seem to have passed up a good chance to rebrand the club as it's almost certain we'll end up with a rehash of the current badge.

The Burns and the Anchor badges are great ideas but the execution of them ain't the best. We really should have gotten a few professionals to spend some proper time on it and throw a few others into the mix, that choice is a bit pish.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to all the other clubs that were going to have to change their badge? Remember an article saying Rangers and Dundee Utd had to change there's as they had the lion rampant on it?

Number 4 is the best of a bad bunch.

Burns lol why not tam on a horse having his tail ripped off by a witch? Or the brig of doon ffs Christ go the whole hog and have the demonic scene from the auld Kirk. Wow seriously burns' coupon??

thr anchor one looks like a Brighton tattoo. Totally unacceptable.

if we go for either of those I'm finished,seriously I canae get behind them 

24 minutes ago, young buck said:

Number 4 is the best of a bad bunch.

Burns lol why not tam on a horse having his tail ripped off by a witch? Or the brig of doon ffs Christ go the whole hog and have the demonic scene from the auld Kirk. Wow seriously burns' coupon??

thr anchor one looks like a Brighton tattoo. Totally unacceptable.

if we go for either of those I'm finished,seriously I canae get behind them 

It'll need to be a Clydesdale to carry TOS.

Probably better going with the one that offers an analogy of our season.

Anchor
noun
plural noun: anchors

1. A heavy object attached to a cable or chain and used to moor a ship to the sea bottom.

Ian McCall
jobby
plural noun: jobbies

1. An excuse heavy object attached to a mouth and used to moor a team to the league bottom.

1 hour ago, ftk said:

What happened to all the other clubs that were going to have to change their badge? Remember an article saying Rangers and Dundee Utd had to change there's as they had the lion rampant on it?

I remember that article and it only said that those clubs could potentially fall foul of the rules, but I'm sure that it also stated Lord Lyon will only act on something if it is reported to him. So unless someone goes to the trouble of reporting those clubs like the Airdrie bawbag has done to you then I expect the other clubs will be allowed to carry on as normal.

8 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I'd be absolutely ashamed if any Ayr fan was bitter enough to do that. The Airdrie fan in question is an absolute throbber.

Wasn't it an Ayr fan that reported Airdrie over their crest?

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I'm far too lazy and not enough of a w****r to do it but would find it quite funny if it happened to Rangers. But that's mainly because anything that makes Rangers fans/the club a seething mess is generally hilarious.

It would also leave a lot of obese, bald 40 year old **** with worthless tattoos. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea...

Anyone got Lord Lyon's email address?

We seem to have passed up a good chance to rebrand the club as it's almost certain we'll end up with a rehash of the current badge.
The Burns and the Anchor badges are great ideas but the execution of them ain't the best. We really should have gotten a few professionals to spend some proper time on it and throw a few others into the mix, that choice is a bit pish.

This

Horrific options.

This is what happens when you ask supporters to submit options.

Get a graphic designer a brief and get 5 proper badges made up.

Should:

1. Reflect the club both historically and going forward.

2. Be able to be transferable from various media; online, on strips, on paper etc

3. Think of the club as a brand and the badge as being at the forefront of it

Or, we could have The Bard or an Anchor [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

We are neither poets nor sailors.

Unbelievable

I hope people remember that this is not of the club's making rather it is a change forced upon them. Well done to everyone who submitted a design. I think some people who are criticising the club for not having a new badge professionally designed would be up in arms if fans were not consulted. 

Archived