Ayr United, What now 2016/17

Either of these options are an improvement on what's on offer.  Striking, clean, well proportioned.  I wonder if the black and white one could be colourised with more blue but either way it looks good.  Rips my knitting that neither of these are shortlisted when you see that Rabbie Burns effort.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Either of these options are an improvement on what's on offer.  Striking, clean, well proportioned.  I wonder if the black and white one could be colourised with more blue but either way it looks good.  Rips my knitting that neither of these are shortlisted when you see that Rabbie Burns effort.

The burns one is bold and totally different, like the anchor. I like that they've included them.

Burns lived and died over a century before the club was founded.  He has no connection to the club whatsoever other than a line in a poem we adopted as a nickname.  Putting his mug on our badge is a nonsense.   If that's the road you want to go down, why not stick Ally or wee Henry on the damn thing.  

Burns lived and died over a century before the club was founded.  He has no connection to the club whatsoever other than a line in a poem we adopted as a nickname.  Putting his mug on our badge is a nonsense.   If that's the road you want to go down, why not stick Ally or wee Henry on the damn thing.  

He's very important to the town. That's the point.

The club really have made a mess of this. DashedLines could have come up with 5 far better badges to vote on. We are an unprofessional laughing stock as usual ☹

Only you and maybe one other poster keeps saying that.

Why do you hate the club so much?

I don't hate the club love the club. Hate the way it is run.

So you honestly think any of the 5 badges are better than DashedLines?

Are you happy for any of these 5 badges to replace our current badge?

Why do you feel the need to argue with every Ayr fan on here?

I don't hate the club love the club. Hate the way it is run.

So you honestly think any of the 5 badges are better than DashedLines?

Are you happy for any of these 5 badges to replace our current badge?

Why do you feel the need to argue with every Ayr fan on here?

Most ayr fans in here aren't saying this is making the club a laughing stock. I'm not arguing with them.

I prefer some of the badges of dashed lines. I want to know if it was a missed deadline or something else.

I think the club could certainly be run better but I think most folk are trying their best. On this occasion I think they've done a decent job.

Most ayr fans in here aren't saying this is making the club a laughing stock. I'm not arguing with them.

I prefer some of the badges of dashed lines. I want to know if it was a missed deadline or something else.

I think the club could certainly be run better but I think most folk are trying their best. On this occasion I think they've done a decent job.

As you said before it's all a matter of opinion. I just feel the 5 on the shortlist look poor for our club symbol. Some have too much detail and some have too little. To think one of these will be on our strip for maybe the next 100 years when we have a better one that didn't even make the shortlist (which you agree and pretty sure 99% of Ayr fans would too) is a disgrace!

As you said before it's all a matter of opinion. I just feel the 5 on the shortlist look poor for our club symbol. Some have too much detail and some have too little. To think one of these will be on our strip for maybe the next 100 years when we have a better one (which you agree and pretty sure 99% of Ayr fans would too) is a disgrace!

Badges are not that important. Was the old one (or the various versions of it) all perfect? Did they put people off?

Badges are not that important. Was the old one (or the various versions of it) all perfect? Did they put people off?

I love the old one and have it tattooed on my arm. Of course badges are important. It symbolises the club. Companies spend millions of pounds to create their branding and we let the public design ours. 2 of them I thought were a late April fools joke.

I love the old one and have it tattooed on my arm. Off course badges are important. It symbolises the club. Companies spend millions of pounds to create their branding and we let the public design ours. 2 of them I thought were a late April fools joke.

We've had various badges though, have we not? They're not permanent.b

Interested to know; what does everyone think of the current badge? I actually don't particularly like our current badge, but maybe that's just me. I get what people are saying about Burns being a symbol of the town, but having a face on a football badge is not the way to go. Very disappointed that Dashed Lines' submission isn't shortlisted, but I think labelling the club a disgrace here is a bit strong.

We've had various badges though, have we not? They're not permanent.b

It's the badge I've always known. I don't have a problem now with it changing (got used to the idea) but would like a decent replacement.

In all honesty, I couldn't really give a monkeys what our badge looks like while our 1st team is in such a state, if we were flying high we could put a big turd in a circle and it wouldn't really bother me.

i don't think the club are a disgrace, though it is ridiculous to suggest that criticism of the badges on offer suggests you hate the club.  My overall point is that we should have handled it more professionally.  When you see the Dashed Lines badges, you realize what could have been achieved if we'd done things properly.  

Archived