Ayr United, What now 2016/17

The state of Duncan Carmichael's comments, tho
7Nw8Rt.gif

An example of someone who thinks his opinion is more important because he's the historian.

All his credibility goes out the window when he starts posting on the SRE page.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Duncan Carmichael "your attempts will only be met with resistance" :lol:

He even has a club title, you'd think Ayr fan would suffice.

If you go for the anchor design for your badge will you be changing your nickname from the Honest Men? Alloa have a wasp on their badge hence being called The Wasps,  you could be The Anchors although it may not sound quite like that when opposition fans are shouting "get into these Anchors". 

13 hours ago, Mgc1910 said:

This is a legitimate problem, that is fans from other clubs can easily take part in the vote and corrupt the result.  As you say, the Burns badge is dreadful, which might encourage less principled souls like yourself to vote for it.

Wait.... i get a vote.....

You'd like to think other fans wouldn't vote but it's certainly a risk. To get around this sort of thing we generally do a vote on a home match day with the old fashioned pen and paper technique. This is the method we use for player of the year etc.

FWIW I think the badges posted on here the last couple of days are better than the ones selected for the vote.

22 hours ago, Shibuya said:

These badges are really nice mate, unfortunately your timekeeping has let you down here. A shame as i am genuinely a big fan!

Thanks. Maybe but the club only announced the Feb 24th deadline on Feb 23rd (http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/badge-entries-close-friday-24th/)! No deadline for shortlist voting either - basic stuff.

Thanks. Maybe but the club only announced the Feb 24th deadline on Feb 23rd (http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/badge-entries-close-friday-24th/)! No deadline for shortlist voting either - basic stuff.

Bit shambolic. Personally think the other badges should be shortlisted (despite being late) After all we are going to have it for the rest of our existence so no point cutting off our nose etc....

9 hours ago, DashedLines said:

No.  There was roughly a month to submit. January 17th we were asked to submit 

3 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Rabbie Burns one on rotation every year with picture of Ally, Pandamonium, a picture of the old floodlights and Malky Shotton

I made one with the floodlights.  It looked worse than that anchor

If we lose again next week, without a whimper, McCall can leave immediately.

I can see it now; four central midfielders in midfield for another entire season, 17 stone Harkins running about with the ball before falling over, Moore signing and playing about five games.

Archived