Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Iain said:

The Burns one :lol:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Club surely at the wind-up here? None of them are good.

Number 4's pretty good in my opinion, if you choose that one then I'll probably have forgotten about your current badge in 10 years time.

new-badge4-600x600.jpg.9ea9aff850e3da163322686c41b87113.jpg

Wait, what?

Surely you're kidding. I thought badge 3 was a joke entry by a child.

Glad I'm not the only one. Nice logo for a pub, or Burns related club. But for a football club?

By Christ no.

None of them are that great, however the first option looks the most traditional. So I'd probably go for that.

22 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Let's hope this doesn't degenerate into some X factor "I'm voting for my mate" fiasco. Over 100 years of history destroyed by social media, deep joy.

Number 4 for me.

Strongly considering not voting at all.  4 is the least bad of a really grim selection.  

Having Robert Burns' face on our official club badge would be an absolute riddy.
Number 4 for me, just ahead of 1 and 5.

There's something I don't mind about the burns one, although I'm biased as I'm into history and I quite like burns.

4,1 and 5 are all much of a muchness. But I would definitely say 4 looks the best.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I thought an enclosed circle would fall foul of the bawbag Lyons' rules? Or have I misunderstood?

Nah a circle bizarrely isnt a shield.  All 5 have been run past his kangaroo court 

Replacing our badge was always going to be hard, but It feels a bit predictable that the club would handle it so poorly.  I think most fans would just want a professional looking effort that captures the classic elements of the badge.  How in the hell have we ended up with anchors and Rabbie Burns?  The one with the anchor at least looks professional but is desperately bland.  The Burns one looks totally amateurish.  We ought to have got professional designers and given them a brief to come up with 4/5 options that are based on the current design.  The options I posted a couple of pages back are miles better than any of the 5 on offer but no idea if they were ever submitted.  4 is the best of a bad lot.

The club have treated this as a bit of fun rather than an important moment in the history and heritage of the club.

What a monumental waste of time. The c**t that grassed you in deserves a waterboarding.

It's unreal. Absolutely outrageous, and I can't believe no-one has taken this Lyon c**t on properly. It's the 21st century.

15 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Stop slagging old Rabbie ya bunch of uncultured b*****ds.

Why Burns, he's not the only fan that's popped their clogs since we were last in the big league.

43 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What a monumental waste of time. The c**t that grassed you in deserves a waterboarding.

An Airdrie fan.

A photo of Bill Barr grinning outside the Excelsior Stadium would have gotten my vote.

Archived