Ayr United, What now 2016/17

5 hours ago, Mgc1910 said:

McCall claims Docherty, Devlin, Balatoni and Crawford are all carrying injuries and haven't trained for 2/3 weeks.  Could just be an excuse, but I suppose it might offer some explanation as to why we were so mind numbingly bad on Saturday.  I think I saw McDaid warming up on the park, so hopefully he might be available this week.  

It doesn't explain why our worst players were Meggatt, Boyle & McGuffie tbf

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't explain why our worst players were Meggatt, Boyle & McGuffie tbf

Meggat and Boyle I'd agree with but McGuffie at least set up our second goal. He came on when we well already 3-0 down so I never expected him to change the game much. He was no worse that anyone else IMO.

Just now, somerset_lad00 said:

Meggat and Boyle I'd agree with but McGuffie at least set up our second goal. He came on when we well already 3-0 down so I never expected him to change the game much. He was no worse that anyone else IMO.

He just didn't really take part in the game for pretty much the whole time he was on.  

He just didn't really take part in the game for pretty much the whole time he was on.  

Fair enough but I didn't think he made any obvious mistakes.

Boyle was just worse than usual and when anyone took him on he ended up chasing them. As for Meggat he just seemed lost without Balatoni behind him and neither him nor Rose had any idea what they were doing.

I see voting has opened for the new badge.  Badge 4 is probably the closest to what we have at the moment, but it just looks a bit busy somehow.  The black and white horizontal lines just don't look right.  I think it'll look worse when shrunk to a jersey sized badge.  There was a suggestion posted on here a while back that was better than any of the options on offer which retained most of the classic elements of the design without overdoing things.  Wonder if it was ever submitted.  

On 21 February 2017 at 01:16, DashedLines said:

aufc-new-circular-x2.png

Graham L said it was okay to post some new designs based on his circle badge idea. These have gaps and white space going right through them - they're not enclosed, so not heraldic. I like the version with the black surround - better for on a white shirt and looks a bit sharper. Could be two variations of same design so don't necessarily have to choose between them. See what you think anyway...

These are the badges I'm thinking of.  We're they rejected as being heraldic or something?

Shame the club didn't shortlist my entry, an Airdrie fan with his lips sewn shut and an Ayr scarf protruding from his anus

Come to think of it, It was in a shield, that would be why they rejected it.

I've just spat out toast at my dogs face reading that post. Sorry, sounds lovely I know. Funny as f**k

Can someone explain to me why the board wants to get rid of the perfectly fine crest you guys have now? Is it the court of the Lord Lyon whatever again, or does the club just want an uptick in merch sales and hence are making previous products obsolete?

15 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Lord Lyon decree

FFS, what a shame.

I'd vote for 4 (would be nicer if it used the old 'ball' like 1 and 5 do), but not gonna send a mail to the club as it really isn't my business to decide.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Shame the club didn't shortlist my entry, an Airdrie fan with his lips sewn shut and an Ayr scarf protruding from his anus

I genuinely hope you did send this in, as the club statement said all entries will be on display at Somerset next season.

7 hours ago, Mgc1910 said:

I see voting has opened for the new badge.  Badge 4 is probably the closest to what we have at the moment, but it just looks a bit busy somehow.  The black and white horizontal lines just don't look right.  I think it'll look worse when shrunk to a jersey sized badge.  There was a suggestion posted on here a while back that was better than any of the options on offer which retained most of the classic elements of the design without overdoing things.  Wonder if it was ever submitted.  

League 1 forum for this pish.

Archived