Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty confident it must be gary harkins because players such as Boyle, Gilmour and Crawford have followed him on twitter.

So surely they must know something that we don't.

Is it just one signing?

You must have done some digging because he isn't showing at the top of their lists where the recent followers are

Good player, would've thought that the centre of midfield is the area you're most covered in though, Doc, Adams, Cairney, Crawford and with Forrest playing best behind the striker it's you're most populated area.

Would've been better using the budget on a cb, striker or winger surely?

Harkins surely an improvement on all the players mentioned there.. we needed a bit of experience in attack with our 4 strikers being relatively inexperienced. Hoping the boy Nisbet from Partick is a good fit up top and provides some goals as well!

McGuffie has been in good form out wide so can only assume that McCall feels he has lessened the need for a winger (although we could still do with one). We also have academy lad Johnston coming through and looking good and quick in reports I have heard from matches he has played.

McMillan (ex Partick) is also linked with us who would also solve the defender issues should he sign and if we get him I have a feeling that could be our lot until January.

Archived