Ayr United, What now 2016/17

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew he could still turn out for Partick in the development league but don't think he should be allowed to participate for a club in the same competition as the club he is on loan at.

If we were to draw Partick he could play against the team he plays with in league games! That's not right.

I knew he could still turn out for Partick in the development league but don't think he should be allowed to participate for a club in the same competition as the club he is on loan at.

If we were to draw Partick he could play against the team he plays with in league games! That's not right.

No he wouldn't, in the rules it clearly states on loan players can't play against parent clubs.

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

No he wouldn't, in the rules it clearly states on loan players can't play against parent clubs.

We are not the parent club. 

9 hours ago, Hazbart said:

The competition is very stupid.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

I see the club website no longer exists. I guess there must be a new one coming, a server move in progress or somebody pressed the wrong button. Anyone know?

Couldn't afford Harkins and a website.

Not been there since sunday

I've got to ask, is there a possibility of signing a wee gem from the lower leagues? I know the championship is asking alot this year, though I've seen a few good centre half's playing for lesser teams than Ayr. Eddie Malone is with Spartans now, he was a decent player and did well last time we had our stint at this level.

Could Dylon Daal, Andrew Barrowman or ex k*llie rotter Paul heffernan help out playing just behind Moore and Thomas?  Even Liam Buchanan?

48 minutes ago, Andy Walkers love child said:

I've got to ask, is there a possibility of signing a wee gem from the lower leagues? I know the championship is asking alot this year, though I've seen a few good centre half's playing for lesser teams than Ayr. Eddie Malone is with Spartans now, he was a decent player and did well last time we had our stint at this level.

Could Dylon Daal, Andrew Barrowman or ex k*llie rotter Paul heffernan help out playing just behind Moore and Thomas?  Even Liam Buchanan?

Can't tell you about Dyron Daal but Barrowman and Heffernan don't have much to offer at this level any more. We had Heffernan at the end of last year and he didn't do much, he's a smart player but slower than a week in the jail and I don't think he even managed a goal for us. Seems to be a decent guy to have in a squad but won't offer you much on the pitch. Barrowman is done as far as I can see. Liam Buchanan is contracted to Livi for the rest of the season so you'd need to pay them a fee.

I see that the 3rd round draw of the Irn-Bru cup is later today, which we're in.

Think we can either get Morton, St Mirren, Queen of the South, Dumbarton and Livingston.

The easiest draw there would probably be Livingston who we've already beaten in the league cup.

If we get any other team it's going to be difficult to get through i'd say.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Can't tell you about Dyron Daal but Barrowman and Heffernan don't have much to offer at this level any more. We had Heffernan at the end of last year and he didn't do much, he's a smart player but slower than a week in the jail and I don't think he even managed a goal for us. Seems to be a decent guy to have in a squad but won't offer you much on the pitch. Barrowman is done as far as I can see. Liam Buchanan is contracted to Livi for the rest of the season so you'd need to pay them a fee.

Yeah, i just kinda thought there would have been the possibility of Mccall working with Buchanan before whilst at Partick. Could the player fund help that? Who knows? We definitely need an experienced striker in our ranks, someone to pick out passes to the younger players.

What about Ronaldinho (he's been linked with St.Mirren before I believe) get him on a Freeby and walk the league. :-)

In all seriousness, there's a fella Zaine Francis-Angol apparently available on the Scottish pfa player availability website. He played with motherwell and Kidderminster. Possibly played with Devlin?

Archived