Ayr United, What now 2016/17

4 minutes ago, Andy Walkers love child said:

Yeah, i just kinda thought there would have been the possibility of Mccall working with Buchanan before whilst at Partick. Could the player fund help that? Who knows? We definitely need an experienced striker in our ranks, someone to pick out passes to the younger players.

What about Ronaldinho (he's been linked with St.Mirren before I believe) get him on a Freeby and walk the league. :-)

In all seriousness, there's a fella Zaine Francis-Angol apparently available on the Scottish pfa player availability website. He played with motherwell and Kidderminster. Possibly played with Devlin?

Worst user name ever.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I see that the 3rd round draw of the Irn-Bru cup is later today, which we're in.

Think we can either get Morton, St Mirren, Queen of the South, Dumbarton and Livingston.

The easiest draw there would probably be Livingston who we've already beaten in the league cup.

If we get any other team it's going to be difficult to get through i'd say.

Seeded and regionalised afaik. 

Celtic u20s awsy at some lower league ground is my bet.  

1 minute ago, rw89 said:

If you sign Eddie Malone, you might as well start planning for league 1 next season.

All those forwards are absolutely rancid. You'd be better looking to the loan market.

We're not looking at these players just some strange suggestions.

4 hours ago, stevemc81 said:

May have been discussed already, but have they removed the badge from the top of the homepage on purpose?

There is a huge badge in the background.  

Screenshot_20160818-130918.jpg

Just now, rb123! said:

Will play Airdrie at home in the Irn-Bru cup.

Surely that game won't go ahead on on the 3rd of September because it is the same day as the airshow. 

We moved a league game to midweek last year because of the airshow so i can see that happening again.

23 minutes ago, Andy Walkers love child said:

Certainly cheaper than any spfl team though. A Wardlaw or a Lithgow... Someone like that. Hell, I'd take another Martyn Campbell from a lower league team for a couple of pound if it helps fill the gap at the back.

I don't think signing someone from the juniors will be the answer, unless you aren't sure what the spfl is?

Certainly cheaper than any spfl team though. A Wardlaw or a Lithgow... Someone like that. Hell, I'd take another Martyn Campbell from a lower league team for a couple of pound if it helps fill the gap at the back.

Any fee, regardless of to who or how much will put off 80% of the teams in this league from signing a player

12 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Is this guy is genuinely suggesting that Ayr United, a Scottish Championship club, sign Eddie Malone, Gareth Wardlaw, Paul Heffernan or Andy Barrowman?

There does seem to be a section of the Ayr support who don't understand how the ageing process works and expect to get exactly the same player as the one who they remember from [insert relevant number] years ago.

So, possibly.

No, what I'm saying is we find another like for like player of the same calibre as these players I've mentioned, within the junior ranks. I'm sure Ayr are one of the better known teams for doing this. Though, looking at the current squad we have, a Eddie Malone type would be good. A lot of players thrive off the step up to a bigger team e.g. Auchinleck to Ayr united (Alan Lithgow). This was just a suggestion mind, not saying we go searching for the next Ronaldo kicking about in Whitletts.

Though there's a thought.

Archived