Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Fowler oot now too, no surprise there he's as average as they come

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

They managed to get all of them in one ring!

Doing your casual image no good by knowing who Rigo is, next you'll be learning who that Japanese guy you've never heard of is

Fowler oot now too, no surprise there he's as average as they come

Doing your casual image no good by knowing who Rigo is, next you'll be learning who that Japanese guy you've never heard of is

I follow him on instagram so I can keep abreast of him calling out guys I've heard of.

Sorry, just saw this now TGIG.

Yeah it's about as 50/50 as it gets in the sport just now but having said that there's definite potential for a Kovalev KO win or a wide Ward decision on the cards.  Should be a fascinating match up of styles for people who like the chess match type of thing although there's a large chance it can end up with the same reaction that Mayweather - Pacquaio did amongst those that don't follow the sport so much.

For a brief time I though Kovalev might do it but now I have came back round to thinking he will be swinging fresh air shots all night. Ward will be in and out stealing rounds throughout.

18 hours ago, Maximus Decimus Meridius said:

Paddy Barnes out too now, gutted thought he'd done the better work

I see her said that was his last fight at that weight. 

In fact he said he was glad he got beat because he would have been hammered in the next round. 

Had no strength at that weight anymore. 

Surely he , knowing that should have went in at the next weight. 

Look what an extra 4 pounds did for Frampton. 

There's Ruenroeng out, stopped in the 3rd round, every professional out before the quarters. Easy to say with hindsight but think it's fair to say the outrage after the decision was made to allow pros in was a bit overhyped. I still think they should be kept apart, but these olympic boxers are the elite amateurs they aren't just kids waiting to be walked over like some painted them as. Also funny to see the WBC/IBF moaning about how dangerous it is and banning boxers from their rankings, considering some of the mismatches they allow. 

11 hours ago, Maximus Decimus Meridius said:

There's Ruenroeng out, stopped in the 3rd round, every professional out before the quarters. Easy to say with hindsight but think it's fair to say the outrage after the decision was made to allow pros in was a bit overhyped. I still think they should be kept apart, but these olympic boxers are the elite amateurs they aren't just kids waiting to be walked over like some painted them as. Also funny to see the WBC/IBF moaning about how dangerous it is and banning boxers from their rankings, considering some of the mismatches they allow. 

I think we'll have to wait for the 1st proper Olympics with pro's in it, how many decent boxers are going to enter after such a late decision.

Maidana absolutely bodying Broner is one of my favourite moments of the last decade, and I'm a guy who a lot of good things happen to. Sublime.

Should go in to the Hall of Fame for the night alone. Enjoy. 6 minutes in is particularly great.

Edited by J_Stewart