Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

56 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You watched the first fight yet?

Yes.

27 minutes ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

Ludo only ever pops up to bitch about Fury. 

That's probably because there's not a lot to be excited about in regards to boxing these days for me, personally. UFC has filled the void that boxing had left me over the past 6-7 year tbh.

I still like the major fights, but I lost much of my enthusiasm for the sport over the years.

Pretty sure this fight will now never happen, can see Fury walking away from boxing altogether, not sure his head or heart are in it. Also dunno if it's fear of his PED thing.

In the annals of heavyweight history no great loss although that's not taking anything away from his win over Klitschko, which he fought brilliantly.

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yes.

That's probably because there's not a lot to be excited about in regards to boxing these days for me, personally. UFC has filled the void that boxing had left me over the past 6-7 year tbh.

I still like the major fights, but I lost much of my enthusiasm for the sport over the years.

2016 has been a good year for boxing  so far. Just because you can't be arsed scratching beneath the surface of the sport a little doesn't mean there hasn't been a lot to get excited about. Probably best you stick to watching that sloppy UFC stuff. 

Pretty sure this fight will now never happen, can see Fury walking away from boxing altogether, not sure his head or heart are in it. Also dunno if it's fear of his PED thing.

In the annals of heavyweight history no great loss although that's not taking anything away from his win over Klitschko, which he fought brilliantly.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we never see Fury in a ring again. It's a real shame because he put together a sensational performance last year and it would've been fascinating to see if he could repeat it.

The worst thing about this is the sanctioning bodies will probably end up splitting the titles if Fury is stripped. Maybe HBO or Showtime could try and put together a tournament to get an undisputed heavyweight champion? Difficult of course but could be perfect for heavyweight boxing in 2017.