Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Well by his best and not relevant to the future. Not interested in pacquio any more.

Even past his best, he still beats every single active welterweight on the planet, so he's very relevant to the present. An absolute all time great.

On 10/27/2016 at 23:45, Meth Damon said:

Lack of interest in his last fight is criminal, absolute legend of the sport

That is because it is an uninteresting fight. Vargas lost to Bradley who Manny beat 2/3 times so this fight is hardly going to build any hype or excitement. Plenty of big names still in the WW division but this match up is typical of HBO boxing and deserves the lack of interest it is getting. Thurman, Brook, Garcia, Porter or Spence v Pac would all be massive fights. No way this be his last fight either (unless he gets beat). I reckon he will fight Terrence Crawford next and that will be his last. Now that will be an interesting fight.

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Molina is a really dreadful choice.

Whyte vs Chisora is interesting in that it's a good test of Whyte but good chance it'll descend into a scrappy stinker.

Quigg vs TBA lol

Quigg's taken a good while to get over the Frampton fight.

I think Hearn knew from the beginning that the Klit fight wasn't going to happen this year, threw the name around for a while, and then came up with someone that Joshua should have no problems with again.  Molina is still better than that dreaded Price rumour and at least it's a common opponent with Wilder.  People are saying that Yafai - Concepion could be decent but I don't think I've seen either of them tbh.

Ignore that post above  Chlamydia I sometimes can't get rid of old quotes when replying on the mobile version of this site for some reason. 

Saw yesterday Sam Peter's somehow managed to get himself into the Pulev fight to be Joshua's IBF mandatory.