Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 16:09, J_Stewart said:

Carl Froch is the Paul Merson of boxing punditry.

In the same article he somehow manages to claim that Golovkin won't be a hall of famer if he doesn't move up two weight divisions to fight Andre Ward, and yet manages to describe Kell Brook moving up two weight divisions to fight Golovkin as "not exactly a fair fight" :lol:

The man's a fucking moron.

60k, at Wembley, would disagree.

Said it a few times before, Froch's attitude towards the sport was exceptional and a UK fighter to be proud of. Hard to believe that some idiots didn't like him while he was active because they felt he didn't interview well. 

I had nothing but respect for his ability and attitude towards being a boxer, but I fucking hated him. "Didn't interview well" isn't the case at all, it's that he was incredibly arrogant, and without any kind of charisma, charm or self deprecation whatsoever. Guys like Eubank, Naz, etc were unbelievably cocky, and intentionally so in order to build their persona. There was nothing like that with Froch, he was just a w****r, and by the time he'd fought Bute - obviously coinciding with him becoming more famous and getting more air time - he was absolutely unbearable. Great fighter though, no doubt about that.

Anyway, IT'S FUCKING WARD V KOVALEV WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be Randy Marshing all over the place come (pun intended) tomorrow night!

12 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

George Groves is on channel 5 tonight. I may give it a record.

Spoiler but I was surprised it was allowed to go the distance. Last few rounds his opponent's eye was swollen shut and he had nothing. Really good performance by Groves. Looked so well drilled. Sharp straight punches, staying out of trouble and patiently working out the big German's moves then hitting him with big rights. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Gutknecht fell ill in his dressing room and was taken to hospital on a stretcher. Really hope he's OK, I didn't know anything about him pre-fight but he was super tough and took a lot of shots.

Apparently he beat golovkin in the amateurs , I know it doesn't count for much these days but must have something about him. The guy can sure take a punch hopefully he will be ok.