Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Other than the two 10-8 rounds for the knockdowns, which other rounds did Wilder win in that fight?

Clue: the correct answer to that question is zero. He won zero other rounds.

Both your, & my scoring, matter not a jot (though YOU scored Wilder taking round 2 :rolleyes:). The three judges, who did, scored the fight a draw.

If clown shoes had managed to keep his feet in EITHER of the rounds he was dropped, he'd have been champ. But he was too busy wiggling his backside & sticking his tongue out. Which I don't actually think scores points & held on to his "Lineal Title".

But it's heartening that my opinion has you in an utter heads gone, seethe. #pleasing.

Edited by kiddy

Other than the two 10-8 rounds for the knockdowns, which other rounds did Wilder win in that fight?

Clue: the correct answer to that question is zero. He won zero other rounds.
The 7th. So that's Fury winning 9 rounds and Wilder winning 3 rounds, 2 of which were 10-8.

Fury wins by 4 points.

Now kiddy, Wilder got the 2 highlights from the fight but both of them only give him an extra point, which shouldn't have been enough to catch Fury. Everyone in boxing is of this consensus apart from 2 showtime appointed judges on the night...

Away and troll elsewhere

1 hour ago, Stevieda said:

The 7th. So that's Fury winning 9 rounds and Wilder winning 3 rounds, 2 of which were 10-8.

Fury wins by 4 points.

Now kiddy, Wilder got the 2 highlights from the fight but both of them only give him an extra point, which shouldn't have been enough to catch Fury. Everyone in boxing is of this consensus apart from 2 showtime appointed judges on the night...

Away and troll elsewhere

Given that we're now up to 4 rounds for Wilder; from a starting point of 2.

I suggest you head back to about page 490 & start reading other peoples thoughts on that fight before I start pulling quotes up.

Edited by kiddy

1 hour ago, Stevieda said:

Fury wins by 4 points.

Away and troll elsewhere

tbf, Fury gave as good as he got in one of the rounds that he was down.

I have to agree, he was boring his way to another win but the knockdowns cost him and its that simple. I don't buy into the Fury is the best in the division, the the names on his record aren't great and he lacks the power of the top heavyweights, he wont be able to outbox AJ like he did with Wilder as AJ is fundamentally sound in all areas and he has power.

38 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

I have to agree, he was boring his way to another win but the knockdowns cost him and its that simple. I don't buy into the Fury is the best in the division, the the names on his record aren't great and he lacks the power of the top heavyweights, he wont be able to outbox AJ like he did with Wilder as AJ is fundamentally sound in all areas and he has power.

How the f**k is moving with class boring.

40 minutes ago, kiddy said:
9 hours ago, ayrmad said:

You're thinking of Kabaddi.

Fury made him look like a chump in most of the rounds.

38 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:
12 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I personally dont like it at heavyweight, i appreciate what he does just not my cup of tea. Have you ever seen him in an exciting fight? All that was exciting in the wilder fight was his two knockdowns.

No it wasn't, some of his movement was up there with most heavyweights over the generations, the fact that you only appear interested in seeing boxers getting their brains rearranged doesn't detract from that.

No it wasn't, some of his movement was up there with most heavyweights over the generations, the fact that you only appear interested in seeing boxers getting their brains rearranged doesn't detract from that.
At heavyweight!!! I love slick boxers, but i dont want to see a pillow fisted heavyweight move around and hold all night. Heavyweight boxing, we want to see knockouts......well i do anyway, you know what you get with fury and its something i personally dont want to see at heavyweight.

At heavyweight!!! I love slick boxers, but i dont want to see a pillow fisted heavyweight move around and hold all night. Heavyweight boxing, we want to see knockouts......well i do anyway, you know what you get with fury and its something i personally dont want to see at heavyweight.
You can only use the cock you're given. It's testemant to Fury's ability that's he's unbeaten in the heavyweight division with " pillow fisted" punches.

You can only use the cock you're given. It's testemant to Fury's ability that's he's unbeaten in the heavyweight division with " pillow fisted" punches.  
I totally agree with you, im not disputing his ability as a fighter, i will however question his standard of opponent!! VK looked uninterested in the fight and Wilder just hits like a train, if he fights high opposition on a regular basis then maybe I'll change my mind on his style.... i cant see it being enough to beat AJ, Wilder stands a better chance imo.

In the devision all he does is run his mouth, he's now turned down the fight with whyte for the diamond belt after saying he'd take it..... claims to be a fighting man who doesnt fight.

Say what you want about the big 3 but i honestly believe neither fury or wilder want the AJ fight, could be a very frustrating 2019/2020

I totally agree with you, im not disputing his ability as a fighter, i will however question his standard of opponent!! VK looked uninterested in the fight and Wilder just hits like a train, if he fights high opposition on a regular basis then maybe I'll change my mind on his style.... i cant see it being enough to beat AJ, Wilder stands a better chance imo.

In the devision all he does is run his mouth, he's now turned down the fight with whyte for the diamond belt after saying he'd take it..... claims to be a fighting man who doesnt fight.

Say what you want about the big 3 but i honestly believe neither fury or wilder want the AJ fight, could be a very frustrating 2019/2020
Id put money on Joshua bettering both as well. If Fury could bang it wouldn't even be close.
I can't see any of the big fights happening unfortunately.

Surprised to see folk saying Furys fights arent boring/generally shit.

He does move well, he does defend well, and thats a huge part of the craft, but there is no such skill in his offensive work which is what makes his fight shit IMO.

Morons are the ones who say Mayweather is shit to watch, but his attacking is phenomenal too. Fury is dreadful to watch, but its deliberate and in spite of his offensive limitations so you have to respect his craft.