Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

29 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Has John Fury killed anyone yet?

Him screaming in to Tyson's ear was ridiculous, the guy's concussed and he has two folk talking to him at the same time, absolutely shambolic.

25 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Him screaming in to Tyson's ear was ridiculous, the guy's concussed and he has two folk talking to him at the same time, absolutely shambolic.

Steward obviously just there for the cash.

Could anyone tell me how many World Champ’s Kronk have produced since Manny’s passing?

I had Usyk by 1 point but there were a few very close rounds and can see how someone may have scored a draw or a Fury win. That's the point in 3 judges so can't really have to many complaints about the cards.

Some night for Ukrainian boxing with Denys Berinchyk taking Emmanuel Navarrtte’s WBO Lightweight title, in a scrappy affair.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Aye but I am also not going to go on about his 2 losses to Clemente Russo. Amateur boxing is its own thing. His Olympic gold is a nice little extra.

The fact you have to go to his amateur record to find another quality win shows how shallow the pool he has been in. And that isn't his fault. He hasn't ducked fights, the quality in the divisions has been lacking which is why he needs a dominating run of defenses to actually put him in the conversation of Greatest.

Right now if someone asks who is the better boxer out of Usyk or Floyd Mayweather it is PBF by a landslide. Best Heavyweight? He has only had 6 fights at HW so that is a tough argument too.

Amateur- Beterbiev

CW- Glowacki, Hunter,Huck*,Breidis* & Gassiev* (WBSS*😉)

HW- Joshua (x2) & Fury.

Do we now have to look at the list of fighters who these guys have beaten?

(& yes, I did intentionally exclude Bellew.)

I could resort to childish abuse, to expose your nonsense, but will find it sufficient just to ignore your profile, Cheerio👋🏻

Edited by kiddy

Those wins against Huck, Breidis and Gassiev were in the WBSS btw. Super 6 was some years previous for super middleweights.

I think most of last night has been covered. Great fight and I had it Usyk by 3 rounds but some close rounds in there.

Some credit should be given to the referee as well the times Fury did want to get in and cuddle/smother he broke the lads instantly and got them boxing again. Fury never done it as much as I expected to be fair to him but he might have taken advantage of a weaker referee if he got away with it a few times.

1 minute ago, Neilly said:

Those wins against Huck, Breidis and Gassiev were in the WBSS btw. Super 6 was some years previous for super middleweights.

I think most of last night has been covered. Great fight and I had it Usyk by 3 rounds but some close rounds in there.

Some credit should be given to the referee as well the times Fury did want to get in and cuddle/smother he broke the lads instantly and got them boxing again. Fury never done it as much as I expected to be fair to him but he might have taken advantage of a weaker referee if he got away with it a few times.

I always thought he would shitfest his way through a fight with Usyk & at times he was clinching & trying to lean on the Ukrainian, as I expected. But I’ll give him credit in trying to box an elite level boxer, but like Joshua before, he was easily 2nd best.

Think it was the final round, Fury tried to grab & lean. Usyk virtually shrugging him off, was something to behold!

2 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

I had Usyk by 1 point but there were a few very close rounds and can see how someone may have scored a draw or a Fury win. That's the point in 3 judges so can't really have to many complaints about the cards.

Yeah it was close, I had it a draw but could see it a round either way easily. 

Thought fury was in control until the 9th but thats boxing. 

Rematch anything could happen. If fury comes in in better shape I reckon he wins. But tbh I think its more likely its the end of the road for him.

Perhaps owing to his personality and story a little bit aswell as his galaxy level boxing ability, Usyk is a man to be enjoyed whilst we have him. 

He's the best SINCE Floyd. He doesn't have a GOAT ledger really, but that's not his fault and in lieu of a plethora of names for him to knock over, he's went and achieve something every bit as monumental in stopping up to heavy and becoming undisputed. A much bigger achievement than any other weight jump. 

Also, in addition to all of that, when you don't have that resume of other greats, you have to remember the eye test counts. You can watch Usyk, his feet I particular, punch picking, distance control and the list goes on... and know that no boxer in any era find that easy to deal with. Every ATG in history has a bad night with Usyk because the skills he has are right at the pinnacle of boxing. He has everything, and he has it all at the A+ level. Legend of the game and a privilege as a fan to watch. 

Just getting round to watching this, how on earth did the referee not stop the fight in the 9th round?

Elite skills on show from both last night

Don't think the rematch is a foregone conclusion at all, Fury stands a chance if he can stay focused for the whole fight

Can't wait to see it again

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Just getting round to watching this, how on earth did the referee not stop the fight in the 9th round?

Fury wasn’t down & he jumped in to intervene, as Fury wasn’t throwing back & failing to defend himself.

Why it wasn’t stopped, who knows what events the money was stacked on, for the future?🤷‍♂️🙄

They’ve already seen their Wilder plans go up in smoke.

Whilst I really like Usyk, remember he is just as guilty as Fury at taking the Saudi blood money and nauseating tributes to MBS and "His Excellency". 

Once again, it seems only Donald McRae when covering the fights there actually has the balls to speak out.

45 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Fury wasn’t down & he jumped in to intervene, as Fury wasn’t throwing back & failing to defend himself.

Why it wasn’t stopped, who knows what events the money was stacked on, for the future?🤷‍♂️🙄

They’ve already seen their Wilder plans go up in smoke.

Fury was technically down though as he fell in the corner with the ropes stopping him hitting the deck. Ref gave the count and then end of round. It was close to being stopped and if that had been 30 seconds earlier I think Usyk would have finished it/ref stopped it.