Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

1 hour ago, Hammerafc said:

Fury was technically down though as he fell in the corner with the ropes stopping him hitting the deck. Ref gave the count and then end of round. It was close to being stopped and if that had been 30 seconds earlier I think Usyk would have finished it/ref stopped it.

I was taking it as he hadn’t actually touched down. But the Ref would have been perfectly within his right to stop it.

There was approaching 30 secs in front, where he had been tagged & blundering round the ring, unable to defend himself & offering nothing in return.

2 minutes ago, kiddy said:

I was taking it as he hadn’t actually touched down. But the Ref would have been perfectly within his right to stop it.

There was approaching 30 secs in front, where he had been tagged & blundering round the ring, unable to defend himself & offering nothing in return.

There was a couple of shots that Usyk missed with as Fury was just out of reach as he stumbled back..if they had connected I think that would have been it.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Ryan Garcia dispels rumours of his mental instability by rapping to an organutan.

Did he wish it a Happy New Year?

On 19/05/2024 at 15:46, Empty It said:

Just getting round to watching this, how on earth did the referee not stop the fight in the 9th round?

I'm rewatching it now  even after the bell the ref grabs Fury's arm to make sure he makes it over to the correct corner as he doesn't know what's going on.

Josh Taylor looking in exceptionally good nick ahead of the rematch. First time in years he is going into a fight properly prepared so we’ll find out if he’s truly shot or if there is more to come. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Josh Taylor looking in exceptionally good nick ahead of the rematch. First time in years he is going into a fight properly prepared so we’ll find out if he’s truly shot or if there is more to come. 

Out of curiosity what do you base that on?  I always think he looks in good nick.  Curious to know what I'm not seeing that's different this time.  For what it's worth whether or not he's shot or not I think Catterall may just have his number anyway as his technical, spoiling style is all wrong for Josh.  Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by LargsTON

I was at the Taylor-Catterall fight, I got a free ticket via work.  It's the only fight I've ever been to in person so I don't have anything to compare it to but it was probably the worst decision I've ever seen.  Just appalling.  One thing I was suprised at was a large number of the fans treated it like their football team winning 1-0 with an against the run of play last minute winner, rather than it being the real winner cheated.

10 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Out of curiosity what do you base that on?  I always think he looks in good nick.  Curious to know what I'm not seeing that's different this time.  For what it's worth whether or not he's shot or not I think Catterall may just have his number anyway as his technical, spoiling style is all wrong for Josh.  Hope I'm wrong.

Think against Lopez, the lack of running and sparring soon caught up with him. He has been in peak condition for a good while now and seems to have been sparring for fun for months and 170ish rounds in camp for the fight. His op got rid of his double vision too so that can only help. 

He hasn’t been able to make adjustments during the last two fights and I think that’s partly from the lack of conditioning and the inability to think straight that brings.

Definitely holes in Catterall though. He really loads up on his shots and the elbows come out. The way he finished the Thai lad could be the way to go. Looks a bit weight drained too. 

23 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Think against Lopez, the lack of running and sparring soon caught up with him. He has been in peak condition for a good while now and seems to have been sparring for fun for months and 170ish rounds in camp for the fight. His op got rid of his double vision too so that can only help. 

He hasn’t been able to make adjustments during the last two fights and I think that’s partly from the lack of conditioning and the inability to think straight that brings.

Definitely holes in Catterall though. He really loads up on his shots and the elbows come out. The way he finished the Thai lad could be the way to go. Looks a bit weight drained too. 

I actually never knew about the double vision until I heard an interview with him yesterday.   He looked untouchable in the super series so i hope he can rediscover that form.

What's everyone's thoughts on Taylor v Catterall?  Tbh I was edging towards Catterall points before I saw Josh on the scales today.  He looked fantastic.  Not gaunt like last time.   I'll go Taylor later stoppage.

Posted (edited)

See, I thought Taylor looked terrible the other day at the face off. His face looked so old and tired and clearly struggling to make the weight. He looked unwell.

Edited by Gianfranco

Was going to order the Taylor fight till I see DAZN want £25 for a months subscription. Boxing prices are a disgrace. 

Hope he wins tonight but I don’t see it. I also was in the camp of him not looking great during the face off 

Fundora will officially vacate his WBO belt, putting his WBC on the line, to fight Spence Jnr.  As a result, Crawford's fight against Madrimov will be for the WBA and WBO.  Could Bud collect all 4 belts at 154?  Of course he's good enough, but will politics get in the way.

12 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

Was going to order the Taylor fight till I see DAZN want £25 for a months subscription. Boxing prices are a disgrace. 

Hope he wins tonight but I don’t see it. I also was in the camp of him not looking great during the face off 

You can pay for next week’s PPV and get this month for £1. Still £25 but a bit of a bonus doing it that way.