Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Refereeing in the Parker fight was shocking, disgusting counting him out after Parker had hit him when he was down. 

Was deffo a foul but Looked like he was doing a spot of Dirrellesque play acting to me trying to by time or a disqualification.
Parker didn't hit him with a lot clean. I still think the jury is out on Parker. But if he can tag Joshua then he could stop him as he's stiff and didn't look to good when Whyte landed. But I would be surprised if Joshua didn't stop him.
When is the announcement going to be made about his next opponent anyway??

The guy fought was on his way out but took a dive when he was hit while on a knee IMO.

The guy that Price fought was one of the worst fighters I've ever seen in the ring. Literally a bouncer or taxi driver.

Price will never do anything. He just trying to position himself for one big money making fight. If your his size but can't jab the game is a bogey. Nice fella though.

This is exactly it, he's a pretty decent analyst as well so he clearly knows the game, problem he has is translating it to the ring when he's in against anyone that isn't a punch bag. Too nervous to ever make it at the top level.

Enjoyed the Braehmer v Cleverly fight for as long as it lasted. Reminded me a little of when Ricky Burns broke down Gonzalez. Braehmer is obviously injured, but he looked like he was struggling with the pace of the fight as well, especially as Cleverly was landing vicious body shots (only shots he seemed to put any spite in to) fairly regularly.

Parker looked decent, but like Joshua, would like to see him step up the quality of opposition fairly soon.

Can see a my twitter was hacked grovelling apology when the money drys up and sponsors ditch him. If he has well and truly chucked it then the heavyweight division is blown wide open ! Hopefully get to see the best fight the best instead of cherry picking diddys 

4 minutes ago, Disco30 said:

Can see a my twitter was hacked grovelling apology when the money drys up and sponsors ditch him. If he has well and truly chucked it then the heavyweight division is blown wide open ! Hopefully get to see the best fight the best instead of cherry picking diddys 

He's got f**k all sponsors anyway

1 hour ago, iknowwheremaddieis said:

He's got f**k all sponsors anyway

Did underarmour not give him big bucks when he was fighting wlad , could be wrong but thought a had seen that somewhere. Bairnardos spot on personally couldn't care if he crawled under a rock and was never heard from again. How you can dedicate your life to become world champion and throw it all away because you can't be arsed is beyond me tbh.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A champion no one can be proud of.

His legacy will be remembered as serenading his mrs to a bit of Aerosmith after becoming world champ ....... am sure the late great  Muhammad Ali would be cringing at what the division has become.

Fury's won the world title, if that was the peak of his ambition then I can understand why he's not shown the slightest interest in fighting again, he comfortably beat the guy that was supposedly head and shoulders above anyone else in the division, where's the incentive to beat the diddies that are left other than the financial one.

Edited by ayrmad

28 minutes ago, Disco30 said:

His legacy will be remembered as serenading his mrs to a bit of Aerosmith after becoming world champ ....... am sure the late great  Muhammad Ali would be cringing at what the division has become.

No, his legacy will be brilliantly dethroning one of the most dominant world heavyweight champions in the history of the sport.

I'll be surprised if he's completely done with boxing, but I can see, and think a few years break from the spotlight would do him the world of good. He's obviously never going to have complete anonymity, but getting out of the media glare for a while would appear to be beneficial as his mental health certainly hasn't appeared to be 100% this year.

9 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

No, his legacy will be brilliantly dethroning one of the most dominant world heavyweight champions in the history of the sport.

I'll be surprised if he's completely done with boxing, but I can see, and think a few years break from the spotlight would do him the world of good. He's obviously never going to have complete anonymity, but getting out of the media glare for a while would appear to be beneficial as his mental health certainly hasn't appeared to be 100% this year.

Winning a world championship and not defending it even once is not much of a legacy IMO , as for the mental health part he's spent the best part of a year getting out his tits partying and by the looks of it taking coke. No wonder he's mentally ill right now 

10 minutes ago, Disco30 said:

Winning a world championship and not defending it even once is not much of a legacy IMO.

It'll be a better legacy than you or I will ever leave in sporting terms, it's his legacy to decide what hne leaves or doesn't leave, I'd far rather he didn't fight if he has next to no motivation rather than fight diddies he might or might not lose to just for the cash like thousands before him, it's a dangerous sport when giving 100% never mind going in half-arsed..

Edited by ayrmad