Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

I had it a draw but could see 115-113 either way. Depends what you like I think, Beterbiev was constantly coming forward, so if the judge just likes aggression, could understand him picking a close round that someone might have given Bivol.

Incredible fight from two of the absolute best in the business though. Bivol’s footwork and variety are elite, and he obviously has an excellent chin. Beterbiev is the T-1000, absolutely relentless.

RUN IT BACK IMMEDIATELY, TURKI!!!!

Obvs some judges go with the aggressive fighter, & that’s understandable. But if you believe that boxing is the art of hitting, without getting hit, then Bivol’s boxing, both offensive & defensive was the better of the two.

9 hours ago, FifeArab said:

I had 115-113 Beterbiev.

My link was sky sports but they were 100% pro Bivol. If you truly want to score a fight, watch it on mute.

I always do this now and still had Bivol edging it. I think what makes it a poor decision is the 116-112 card. I can see why you'd give it to Beterbiev narrowly or a draw. But to only give Bivol 4 rounds, sorry, no. 

2 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

I always do this now and still had Bivol edging it. I think what makes it a poor decision is the 116-112 card. I can see why you'd give it to Beterbiev narrowly or a draw. But to only give Bivol 4 rounds, sorry, no. 

I liked Beterbievs aggression in terms of making it a great watch and an intriguing fight. But I need it to be more effective to be scoring rounds for him on aggression alone when generally speaking, Bivol was outlanding him wuite considerably. 

That said, and Bivol was clearly exhausted, but to an extent, he handed over the last two rounds and I wonder if he regrets that somewhat now. 

58 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

BBC 5 Live boxing doing a sit down show with Steve Bunce and Josh Taylor at Easter Rd on 6th Nov. Free ticket draw on BBC website somewhere.

He always wanted a show there.