Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

7 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Perhaps you're right, maybe I'm talking pish by selling Bruno short.

Bruno never lost to a Tyson Fury, Lamon Brewster, Corrie Saunders or Ross Puritty that's right Ross Puritty.

Bruno managed to wobble Tyson in his pomp after being decked, outboxed Bonecrusher Smith for 9 rounds before getting tagged, gave Lennox Lewis a decent run for his cash before getting tagged, gave Tim Witherspoon a decent run before he got tagged, beat Oliver McCall.

Bruno managed to dominate the poor boxers of his generation for the whole 14 years of his pro career.

Jumbo Cummings carried Bruno for 7 rounds!

Just got round to watching Perez - Petrov from last Friday.  Been watching Petrov since the 2014 Boxcino and that's as good a performance as I've seen from him.  Nice to see him make his way to the Linares mandatory position which will be a good fight, Petrov's a better fighter than Crolla.

An interesting fight for sure. Hope Burns wins to set up his big money fight with Broner. Is this Relikh a banger? Surely Burns has enough experience here...

He hasn't fought anyone of note, but then the same was said of Zlaticanin (who I still thought Ricky beat by a round or two). The difference this time round though I think is that Ricky appears to have got his confidence back, whereas he looked shot for a while back.

I really hope he does get the Broner fight, and win or lose, I hope he gets a huge pay day (nothing in the world of sport would make me happier than him bodying that arsehole though). No one deserves it more, as not only is he one of the soundest guys around, but he got absolutely screwed by that cuntknuckle Warren and it'd be a real shame if such a phenomenal career didn't end with the financial rewards they deserved.

I know Broner is coming over this weekend and Friday night's fight has to be won first, but has there been any suggestion of where the fight in December would be? I'm in New York the first week, so MSG or Brooklyn Arena on the 3rd would be fucking glorious, as would Glasgow any time after the 7th!

Warren was not at fault- he had a contract with him. Ricky obviously got some bad advice.
Watched a bit if that boy Ricky is fighting- looks quite raw and flat footed. Can't fight on the back foot and goes back in straight lines so he should double up the jab.
The guy has power though so Ricky needs to keep him at distance and not lie on the ropes like he has a tendency to. Hope he gets the Broner fight and has enough to live as a wealthy man for the rest of his life.

1 hour ago, iknowwheremaddieis said:

Winners to face each other, Briggs to finally get his shot at Wlad

Can't see Briggs beating Haye, it's got Haye Valuev written all over it unless Haye turns up with a gut that wouldn't look out of place on me.

Edited by ayrmad

Why would they have that as a double header in an arena when they could probably sell out Wembley or have it as 2 separate shows?

Probably because they know they are absolutely taking the piss if they try to show Haye vs Briggs as a main event. He will know that he's been pushing his luck so far with the pish he's served up this last couple of years and needs to keep people on board if he's to shake them down for more in the future.

9 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Can't see Briggs beating Haye, it's got Haye Valuev written all over it unless Haye turns up with a gut that wouldn't look out of place on me.

Aye no chance Briggs wins, his decent chin will be his undoing though takes far too much punishment in fights

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Parker vs Ruiz on this too potentially.

Chisora-Whyte and Price-Allen too please Eddie m8

12 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

From what I've heard, 10th December in Manchester

AJ vs Klitschko
Haye vs Briggs chief support

You heard it here first.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Parker vs Ruiz on this too potentially.

8 minutes ago, iknowwheremaddieis said:

Chisora-Whyte and Price-Allen too please Eddie m8