The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:

If it's been supplied by Glasgow City Council, then I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same as the new pitch at Glasgow Green, which is the best I've seen around.

It has been supplied by Glasgow city council, so prob will be

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent performance and result from our boys today away from home against one of the favourites for the league. We should have scored a few more apart from the missed penalty. It wasn't a day for pretty football but we rolled up our sleeves and got the job done.

Excellent performance and result from our boys today away from home against one of the favourites for the league. We should have scored a few more apart from the missed penalty. It wasn't a day for pretty football but we rolled up our sleeves and got the job done.

Yea,surprised by that one,well done

Yea,surprised by that one,well done

Cheers, to be fair I wasn't that surprised as I've seen Girvan a couple of times this season and I felt we could beat them today, but I'll admit that I didn't expect us to win so comfortably.

Great result for the glens today , also must be a source of frustration for u peter , of what could have been in so many other games ,from a selfish point of view good result for other teams too lol .

You're spot on. Seven draws has killed our promotion prospects, just one more goals in say three of those seven games would have seen us right in contention for automatic promotion.

You're spot on. Seven draws has killed our promotion prospects, just one more goals in say three of those seven games would have seen us right in contention for automatic promotion.

Same again next week v Clydebank, thanks [emoji106][emoji23]. Still potential for third in my opinion for a Glencairn or Renfrew if can put a run of wins together.

Wasn't too surprised to see Glencairn win as not a bad team at all in games v Meadow. Also got a good strength in depth it seems for when midweek games kick in.

Looking at Fixtures next week don't know if I want Girvan to win, lose or draw v Shettleston. Probably draw would be best result for us, Peasy, Clydebank, Kilsyth etc

Saturday's fixtures :-

Blantyre Victoria (12th) v Yoker Athletic (9th)

Clydebank (3rd) v Rutherglen Glencairn (8th)

Girvan (5th) v Shettleston (1st)

Irvine Victoria (14th) v Cumbernauld United (10th)

Kilsyth Rangers (2nd) v Shotts Bon Accord (11th)

Your thoughts ?

9 hours ago, glensmad said:

Blantyre Victoria (12th) v Yoker Athletic (9th) AWAY WIN

Clydebank (3rd) v Rutherglen Glencairn (8th) HOME WIN

Girvan (5th) v Shettleston (1st) HOME WIN

Irvine Victoria (14th) v Cumbernauld United (10th) AWAY WIN

Kilsyth Rangers (2nd) v Shotts Bon Accord (11th) HOME WIN

Your thoughts ?

Is the most exciting end to this league for as long as I can remember!

On 15/02/2017 at 12:03, glensmad said:

Blantyre Victoria (12th) v Yoker Athletic (9th).....home win ...been very impressed with vics ...they have beaten us twice 

Clydebank (3rd) v Rutherglen Glencairn (8th)....away....Glens to sneak it ...

Girvan (5th) v Shettleston (1st)....away....us to sneak it anaw

Irvine Victoria (14th) v Cumbernauld United (10th)....home...comfortable home win

Kilsyth Rangers (2nd) v Shotts Bon Accord (11th)....home .....close home win

Your thoughts ?

Surely an Irvine vics win is overdue. Cumbernauld not doing too well.

Cumbernauld signed a good few players midweek I noticed on twitter including an ex Meadow player and with a new manager may do a bit better than they have done recently. Still think Vics will win but Cumbernauld may pick up a wee bit before end of season to try to stay out relegation.

Delighted to follow up last week's 3-0 away win at Girvan with another away win and another clean sheet against another of the promotion favourites. I think Hutchison only had a couple of saves to make in the game, for all the possession that Clydebank had. We defended well and took our chances when they came.

Pictures and full match report to follow.

Delighted to follow up last week's 3-0 away win at Girvan with another away win and another clean sheet against another of the promotion favourites. I think Hutchison only had a couple of saves to make in the game, for all the possession that Clydebank had. We defended well and took our chances when they came.

Pictures and full match report to follow.

A liked your score too peter lol
We beat a very poor shotts team 6-0 today an could have been more to be honest.

Watched the mighty Kilsyth today again and delighted to see the lads keep up the tittle push have to say think shotts are all but down if they continue to play like the did today. Thought we would've scored more but it's all about the points. Another good result for us was rutherglen beating Clydebank who knows maybe make a late promotion push? but delighted to see us keep winning. 

Archived