The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took in Renfrew v Girvan this afternoon, and that's the first I've seen of Girvan this season. I assume from their other results that they are a better side than they showed this afternoon, but Renfrew are on a real roll at the moment.

I took in Renfrew v Girvan this afternoon, and that's the first I've seen of Girvan this season. I assume from their other results that they are a better side than they showed this afternoon, but Renfrew are on a real roll at the moment.

Girvan just not at the races today Glensmad. Renfrew were the much better team and thoroughly deserved the 3pts.

Anybody can beat anybody in this league.

That's probably the best I've seen us play all season. After a difficult start to the season the team, and in particular new signings Ross Gallacher, Kieran Healy, Sean Fitzharris, Scott Morton and Martin Brogan, are really flying. We're playing with the sort of belief that won us the league last season. There are no easy games though and next week we meet our bogey team Greenock in the Scottish followed by Petershill in the League. Earlier this season I watched through my fingers as Petershill ripped us a new one, but this time around I'm more confident. Good crowd in today. Saw yourself peter and representatives from several clubs including Maryhill, Penicuik and Clydebank at the match.

With our game being off I was at the game today taking the opportunity to see Girvan first hand having not played them yet this season. I thought Renfrew thoroughly deserved the points with a solid and controlled performance. Great crowd at the game too, first visit to Renfrew's new ground, very impressive set up. [emoji106]

That's probably the best I've seen us play all season. After a difficult start to the season the team, and in particular new signings Ross Gallacher, Kieran Healy, Sean Fitzharris, Scott Morton and Martin Brogan, are really flying. We're playing with the sort of belief that won us the league last season. There are no easy games though and next week we meet our bogey team Greenock in the Scottish followed by Petershill in the League. Earlier this season I watched through my fingers as Petershill ripped us a new one, but this time around I'm more confident. Good crowd in today. Saw yourself peter and representatives from several clubs including Maryhill, Penicuik and Clydebank at the match.

Yeh, there were a few familiar faces about. I had to laugh at the Penicuik Athletic coaches who were obviously there to spy on Girvan ahead of next week's cup tie. They made no attempt to be incognito, they had their Penicuik jackets on, matching tracksuit trousers, and one of them had a clipboard and pen and multiple notes which he referred to constantly through the game. No undercover stuff in Penicuik, lol. [emoji16]

15 hours ago, Budandavodka said:

With our game being off I was at the game today taking the opportunity to see Girvan first hand having not played them yet this season. I thought Renfrew thoroughly deserved the points with a solid and controlled performance. Great crowd at the game too, first visit to Renfrew's new ground, very impressive set up. emoji106.png

Anyone filming it??

I must be the only Junior fan who finds Renfrews park completely soulless; just don't like it all

I'm a traditionalist also and like the older grounds, whilst it might be a "bit soulless" its an impressive facility all the same. Surface look's like one of the better ones laid.

3 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

A liked it when we played Renfrew, one of the better one's in my opinion ,the likes off carluke's is ok , but its big an open , frew seem to have a good balance size wise .

Just a little bit more covered terracing would make it one of the best of the new style junior venues. It wouldn't be very hard, or even very expensive to add a couple more sections on each end I think. They are probably standard units which can be built up to any length.

My only complaint about Renfrew's ground is that you can only really watch from one side. Two sides are blocked off to the public, and behind the changing room goal is a big net. But otherwise it's a good venue and I like going there.

Just the three matches this weekend, but with the weather more favourable I would expect all of them to go ahead :-

Clydebank (3rd) v Irvine Victoria (14th)

Rutherglen Glencairn (9th) v Kilsyth Rangers (1st)

Shettleston (2nd) v Yoker Athletic (7th)

Your thoughts ?

Ad expect Clydebank to win at home even without a manager after there win at blantyre , our game with the glens will be a hard fought affair ,hoping for a victory but not taking anything for granted cos i thought glens were the better team at kilsyth in our 2-2 draw at duncansfield , as for the shettleston v yoker game , not sure how town will do with all the upheavill , so al go for yoker by a single goal .

Archived