The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

10 minutes ago, glensmad said:

That's 21 goals that Cumbernauld have conceded in their last 4 league games, and 27 goals in the last 6. I'm not sure what is going on there.

It was the same old story for Glencairn again today, leading but unable to get that second goal with missed chances, and then losing a soft equaliser near the end. Even after that we hit the bar. The draws are killing us, if we'd scored just one more goal in half of the games we've drawn we'd be challenging for promotion, but that's football.

I usually think you're unbelievably biased towards your own team but today's opinion on game is entirely correct. Middle to front we offered nothing today, only positive is getting a point away from home in a poor performance. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I usually think you're unbelievably biased towards your own team but today's opinion on game is entirely correct. Middle to front we offered nothing today, only positive is getting a point away from home in a poor performance. 

Unless you attend all of our matches it's hard to judge if I'm being accurate or not with my opinions, so it's interesting to note that you agree with my assessment of the match on the occasion that you are actually there to witness it yourself.

Glencairn's fans have been watching that same movie all season, you can ask any of them and they will tell you the same.

42 minutes ago, Budandavodka said:

1-1 with Kilsyth today, we dug in well in the first half and whilst Kilsyth had the better chances we had good possession without troubling the Kilsyth GK, we dominated the 2nd half and could've won it with our performance.

Can't really complain about todays result, maryhill were a vastly improved side from the one which conceded five to us in September. If they continue to play like this they will assuredly pull away from the relegation zone.

We had the chances first half to put it beyond doubt bit finishing tiday was not like last few games.

52 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Unless you attend all of our matches it's hard to judge if I'm being accurate or not with my opinions, so it's interesting to note that you agree with my assessment of the match on the occasion that you are actually there to witness it yourself.

Glencairn's fans have been watching that same movie all season, you can ask any of them and they will tell you the same.

I was also at the Holm Park fixture in which I felt we totally deserved the win but you didn't IIRC? I've been to numerous games over the years as a neutral where I've felt you were biased but today you were accurate IMO. Glens will definitely feel it's 2 points dropped.

I was also at the Holm Park fixture in which I felt we totally deserved the win but you didn't IIRC? I've been to numerous games over the years as a neutral where I've felt you were biased but today you were accurate IMO. Glens will definitely feel it's 2 points dropped.

To be fair, I call it as I see it, but I see it as a Glencairn supporter, so I have no doubt a touch of bias as no doubt every supporter has. My reports are for the Glencairn website and the Rutherglen Reformer, so they are predominantly aimed for an audience which is Glencairn-minded. I do try to be as balanced as my view of events lets me, but I do genuinely call it as I see it all the time. Thank you for your comments re this afternoon's assessment, I'm working on the full report just now.

Kilsyth 1 Maryhill 1
Strange game yesterday, we were no were near our best , but the game should have been finished by half time on the chances we made , never turned up in the 2nd half an let a batttling maryhill back into the game , hill deserved there point in the end but to say they could have won is streching it a bit , a dont think theyd one shot on goal , there goal came from a corner which was deflected off our right back into the net ? But just shows u in this league if u dont take your chances u get stung .

Kilsyth 1 Maryhill 1
Strange game yesterday, we were no were near our best , but the game should have been finished by half time on the chances we made , never turned up in the 2nd half an let a batttling maryhill back into the game , hill deserved there point in the end but to say they could have won is streching it a bit , a dont think theyd one shot on goal , there goal came from a corner which was deflected off our right back into the net ? But just shows u in this league if u dont take your chances u get stung .

All about opinions as they say, yes our keeper had 2 good saves that kept us in the game first half, we had good possession first half without troubling your goalie, 2nd half the game was played more in the Kilsyth half with our goalie not having a save to make and we got a deserved equaliser. Kilsyth mgt team and committee were very complimentary on how we performed saying we could have won it 2nd half.

Given it was top against 2nd bottom yes it was a surprise result with us taking the most credit given we weren't expected to get a result.

In this league as proved many times this season any result can happen.

Good luck for the rest of the season. [emoji106]

All about opinions as they say, yes our keeper had 2 good saves that kept us in the game first half, we had good possession first half without troubling your goalie, 2nd half the game was played more in the Kilsyth half with our goalie not having a save to make and we got a deserved equaliser. Kilsyth mgt team and committee were very complimentary on how we performed saying we could have won it 2nd half.

Given it was top against 2nd bottom yes it was a surprise result with us taking the most credit given we weren't expected to get a result.

In this league as proved many times this season any result can happen.

Good luck for the rest of the season. [emoji106]

Am not saying u didnt deserve a point cos u certainly did with the way your team battled ( a bit much sometimes lol)
An a dont want to take anything away from u but we were very poor yesterday , dont think fortnight off did us any favours as we had a bit of momentum giong , much improved hill side from start of the season , 7 was a good player an the guy who came on as a sub with the hair band (apart from his dive lol )
All the best for rest of season , if u keep battling like that u'l climb the table ive no doubt !!
P.s , used to play 5s with a guy fergie who played with hill , has he left ?

Am not saying u didnt deserve a point cos u certainly did with the way your team battled ( a bit much sometimes lol)
An a dont want to take anything away from u but we were very poor yesterday , dont think fortnight off did us any favours as we had a bit of momentum giong , much improved hill side from start of the season , 7 was a good player an the guy who came on as a sub with the hair band (apart from his dive lol )
All the best for rest of season , if u keep battling like that u'l climb the table ive no doubt !!
P.s , used to play 5s with a guy fergie who played with hill , has he left ?

To be fair there was a couple of challenges both sides yesterday that went unpunished by the ref yesterday LOL

Yeh always difficult for teams after break from holiday period.

Cheers, that's the aim, here's hoping we do, if we perform with spirit and level of performance shown yesterday we won't be doing too bad.

PS Yes Fergie left not to long after new mgt team took over, now playing Saturday morning.

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

Girvan have to be serious contenders for the league, never mind promotion.

Girvan are  plodding away taking one game at a time . another good 3 pts away from home yesterday against Petershill.

12 hours ago, glensmad said:

Tonight's news from Shettleston looks like potentially being a big game changer in the title and promotion race.

Pretty strange one if you ask me, think a lot of their players will walk as well so not sure how the club will cope. 

Saturday's fixtures, weather permitting :-

Blantyre Victoria (12th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (8th)

Irvine Meadow XI (6th) v Cumbernauld United (10th)

Irvine Victoria (14th) v Petershill (5th)

Kilsyth Rangers (1st) v Shotts Bon Accord (11th)

Maryhill (13th) v Shettleston (2nd)

Renfrew (9th) v Girvan (4th)

Yoker Athletic (7th) v Clydebank (3rd)

Your thoughts ?

Archived