The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

11 hours ago, glensmad said:

Saturday's scheduled fixtures (heavy rain forecast for Friday) :-

Cumbernauld United (6th) v Clydebank (4th)

Girvan (7th) v Irvine Meadow XI (5th)

Irvine Victoria (14th) v Shettleston (2nd)

Kilsyth Rangers (1st) v Blantyre Victoria (9th)

Maryhill (12th) v Petershill (3rd)

Renfrew (11th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (8th)

Yoker Athletic (10th) v Shotts Bon Accord (13th)

Your thoughts ?

Draw

Draw

Irvine vics

Kilsyth Rangers

Petershill

Draw

Yoker

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The top four all won today, and only Renfrew out of the bottom four picked up a point.

Not too disappointed with Glencairn getting only a point away to Renfrew, especially after them winning away at Clydebank last week, but it wasn't a pretty game and probably neither side deserved to win.

What on earth is going on at Cumbernauld United ? Thirteen goals conceded in their last two games ?

Renfrew v Glencairn Highlights

Not the greatest game, but plenty of strange refereeing decisions for both sides.

Think Renfrew should have had a pen in first half but the 1 they were given was never a pen. Glencairn should have had 1 in 2nd half when the boy got booked for diving.

Think Renfrew should have had a pen in first half but the 1 they were given was never a pen. Glencairn should have had 1 in 2nd half when the boy got booked for diving.

The video does suggest that there was more contact than there actually was for the last incident you refer to. I was pretty close to the incident and had a different angle to the camera, and all the Glencairn fans around me (including myself) thought it was a dive at the time and didn't argue with the decision.

We also didn't think the one in the first half was a penalty either, it looks like Morton (the Renfrew striker) makes the first tug which pulls Docherty into him to bring him down, and Docherty certainly plays the ball.

So for me those two decisions were correct. The penalty which was given however is in the "debatable" category.

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

The video does suggest that there was more contact than there actually was for the last incident you refer to. I was pretty close to the incident and had a different angle to the camera, and all the Glencairn fans around me (including myself) thought it was a dive at the time and didn't argue with the decision.

We also didn't think the one in the first half was a penalty either, it looks like Morton (the Renfrew striker) makes the first tug which pulls Docherty into him to bring him down, and Docherty certainly plays the ball.

So for me those two decisions were correct. The penalty which was given however is in the "debatable" category.

Why no official linesmen.....

Saturday's fixtures :-

Clydebank (4th) v Kilsyth Rangers (1st)
Girvan (6th) v Cumbernauld United (9th)
Irvine Meadow XI (5th) v Petershill (3rd)
Maryhill (12th) v Yoker Athletic (8th)
Renfrew (11th) v Blantyre Victoria (10th)
Rutherglen Glencairn (7th) v Shettleston (2nd)
Shotts Bon Accord (13th) v Irvine Victoria (14th)

Your thoughts ?

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

My thoughts are that I look at these fixtures most weeks and find it difficult to predict any of the results.

Lol, that's a fair point, as any team can beat any team in this league on its day.

Humdinger of a match at Meadow Park, we had the better of the first half and had two cleared off the line and hit the woodwork at least 3 times, while Meadow also had a point blank effort saved by Mikey White then hit the bar with the rebound. Much scrappier second half with the gusty wind making it tricky, Meadow went in front late on from a Vernon header from a corner, while we equalised in the last minute from a Bradley penalty.

Archived