The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2016-2017

glensmad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, rutherglen glencairn said:

Here are the highlights. Looks a good goal to me, but the linesman indicates he came back from an offside position.

https://youtu.be/nsMf0ZLZxnA

Dunno who it is from Glens touchline or terraces adamantly claiming Alan Muir played the ball 14 mins in on video but to try and defend that is ridiculous. Andy Campbell very lucky to avoid a serious injury.

Dunno who it is from Glens touchline or terraces adamantly claiming Alan Muir played the ball 14 mins in on video but to try and defend that is ridiculous. Andy Campbell very lucky to avoid a serious injury.

It was me you can hear on the video, I'm not going to hide from that. On viewing the video, it was a bad tackle, no question. What I can say, though, is that he absolutely did get a touch on the ball first. The video doesn't show that very clearly, but if you listen to it in real time you will hear the deflection. I was right beside the incident, and I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Muir got a touch on the ball, but he did then catch the Yoker player badly, of that there is no doubt. The referee called it right with a yellow card, however, as he must have seen Muir touch the ball as well. Knowing Muiry as I do, there's no way he intended to hurt the Yoker player, he's just not that type of player at all. But yes, it was a worse tackle than I realised at the time.

On 19/11/2016 at 22:43, glensmad said:

If you look at the league table, it seems that way. However, we're actually playing good football but missing lots of chances, and we seem to get punished for every mistake we make defensively.

I was speaking to a Clydebank fan after today's game, and he said a phrase that I've heard countless times this season - "I can't believe you didn't win that game having watched it." Everybody seems to be saying that to us, but there comes a stage where you have to look at your own failings and not look for hard luck stories.

Ten games played, only two wins, four draws and four defeats. Sure, we had some bad refereeing calls, but I'm sure other teams in this league have too. If we'd taken even just a couple more of the chances we've created in every game we would be at the top end of the league. But we haven't, and we have to sort that ourselves and not look for favours from anyone.

A think your in denial mate!!. You can play all the nice passing in midfield you like but your concending way too many goals and will be in amongst the bottom half all season at this rate. Your front 2 have bags of energy and pace, and would fancy them against any back 4 in this league for a goal, but your needing 3 most weeks to get the win. As for being punished for every mistake ! that's the denial I'm talking about ! what does that mean ? every attack that opens you up is just bad play? unlucky play? or are you consistently slack at the back, or are your silky midfield players no tracking back or your full backs bombing on too much, leaving you vulnerable ? . No of course it's not,  its just the refs don't give you the breaks and you don't get a pen every week. You make your own luck  and when you don't get the results you start looking at every what might have been instead of looking at the basic failings of the team and we can all be guilty of having the rose tinted glasses on but your becoming a bit of joke figure on here with your hard luck storys. How you can defend the bad tackle is another point in case !!!  Even when confronted with video evidence you seen it different ? you really couldn't make it up ! but then you do.

It was me you can hear on the video, I'm not going to hide from that. On viewing the video, it was a bad tackle, no question. What I can say, though, is that he absolutely did get a touch on the ball first. The video doesn't show that very clearly, but if you listen to it in real time you will hear the deflection. I was right beside the incident, and I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Muir got a touch on the ball, but he did then catch the Yoker player badly, of that there is no doubt. The referee called it right with a yellow card, however, as he must have seen Muir touch the ball as well. Knowing Muiry as I do, there's no way he intended to hurt the Yoker player, he's just not that type of player at all. But yes, it was a worse tackle than I realised at the time.

Peter that is a horrendous tackle all day long and your trying to see Muiry touched the ball. At no point did Muiry make contact with the ball.. the contact you mibbi heard was him clattering in to the yoker boy.

A think your in denial mate!!. You can play all the nice passing in midfield you like but your concending way too many goals and will be in amongst the bottom half all season at this rate. Your front 2 have bags of energy and pace, and would fancy them against any back 4 in this league for a goal, but your needing 3 most weeks to get the win. As for being punished for every mistake ! that's the denial I'm talking about ! what does that mean ? every attack that opens you up is just bad play? unlucky play? or are you consistently slack at the back, or are your silky midfield players no tracking back or your full backs bombing on too much, leaving you vulnerable ? . No of course it's not,  its just the refs don't give you the breaks and you don't get a pen every week. You make your own luck  and when you don't get the results you start looking at every what might have been instead of looking at the basic failings of the team and we can all be guilty of having the rose tinted glasses on but your becoming a bit of joke figure on here with your hard luck storys. How you can defend the bad tackle is another point in case !!!  Even when confronted with video evidence you seen it different ? you really couldn't make it up ! but then you do.

Did you actually read what I wrote ? You are actually agreeing with me, but trying to ridicule me for it.

Peter that is a horrendous tackle all day long and your trying to see Muiry touched the ball. At no point did Muiry make contact with the ball.. the contact you mibbi heard was him clattering in to the yoker boy.

I said it's a bad tackle, having viewed the video. But I would swear on my life that he did get a touch on the ball first, I'm absolutely certain of that. But that doesn't make it not a bad tackle.

I said it's a bad tackle, having viewed the video. But I would swear on my life that he did get a touch on the ball first, I'm absolutely certain of that. But that doesn't make it not a bad tackle.

You've seen the video tho and it clearly shows Muiry didn't touch the ball.

You've seen the video tho and it clearly shows Muiry didn't touch the ball.

You would think that from the video, I agree. But I was standing about 10 metres away and I am absolutely certain he did. But it was still a bad tackle, no debate about that.

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

I hope you get a respectful turnout at your funeral, the image shows the ball is well away as Muir gets to our player.  Just admit you're wrong (for once); he got nohwere near the ball and by all accounts said as much himself, how our player doesn't have a broken ankle is a miracle

TACKLE.JPG

1 hour ago, YAFC said:

I hope you get a respectful turnout at your funeral, the image shows the ball is well away as Muir gets to our player.  Just admit you're wrong (for once); he got nohwere near the ball and by all accounts said as much himself, how our player doesn't have a broken ankle is a miracle

TACKLE.JPG

I've admitted (more than once) that, from viewing the video, it's a bad tackle. It was worse than what I realised at the time, but I had one look at it the same as the referee.

I stand by my assertion that he got a touch on the ball, though, 100%. Unfortunately his momentum of trying to block the ball being played up the line meant that he followed through into the ankle of the Yoker player, of that there is absolutely no dispute. The Yoker player plays the ball up the wing, the ball takes a clip off Muir's boot and flies out of play at an angle different to the one it is kicked in by the Yoker player, and then Muir's follow-through takes him into the Yoker player's ankle. The referee only showed a yellow, because I believe he also knows that Muir got a touch on the ball as well. If he didn't, then it's a clear red card. It is certainly borderline for a red card anyway, I'll admit that.

Muiry was certain after the game that he had touched the ball as well when I was speaking to him about it, but he admitted it was a poor challenge.

Thankfully the Yoker player was able to play on for the remainder of the match, and hopefully he won't miss any games as a result of the tackle.

Thankfully for Yoker it didn't affect the outcome of the match either, so perhaps it's time to accept that we're both right and move on. :)

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

I've admitted (more than once) that, from viewing the video, it's a bad tackle. It was worse than what I realised at the time, but I had one look at it the same as the referee.

I stand by my assertion that he got a touch on the ball, though, 100%. Unfortunately his momentum of trying to block the ball being played up the line meant that he followed through into the ankle of the Yoker player, of that there is absolutely no dispute. The Yoker player plays the ball up the wing, the ball takes a clip off Muir's boot and flies out of play at an angle different to the one it is kicked in by the Yoker player, and then Muir's follow-through takes him into the Yoker player's ankle. The referee only showed a yellow, because I believe he also knows that Muir got a touch on the ball as well. If he didn't, then it's a clear red card. It is certainly borderline for a red card anyway, I'll admit that.

Muiry was certain after the game that he had touched the ball as well when I was speaking to him about it, but he admitted it was a poor challenge.

Thankfully the Yoker player was able to play on for the remainder of the match, and hopefully he won't miss any games as a result of the tackle.

Thankfully for Yoker it didn't affect the outcome of the match either, so perhaps it's time to accept that we're both right and move on. :)

Am sorry Peter but that is a ridiculous challenge, an fair enough u were there in real time at the game, but from the highlights the Glens player is no were near the ball, a touch first? The ball looks away before the challenge even comes in to me, a think he's lucky to escape with just a yellow, but the ref an linesman were right there I wasn't, but it doesn't look like a good challenge right enough

The still pic makes it look even worse?

13 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Am sorry Peter but that is a ridiculous challenge, an fair enough u were there in real time at the game, but from the highlights the Glens player is no were near the ball, a touch first? The ball looks away before the challenge even comes in to me, a think he's lucky to escape with just a yellow, but the ref an linesman were right there I wasn't, but it doesn't look like a good challenge right enough

The still pic makes it look even worse?

None of that is in dispute. I've said repeatedly it's a bad tackle, and it looks worse than it did when I saw it in real time.

But nobody is going to change my mind on this, I know that Muir got a touch on the ball as he slid in, and the ball deflected out of play off his foot. If he didn't touch the ball, it's a straight red card, no question. And as I said earlier, it could well be a red card anyway. But the still pic shows the referee peering round to see the incident, and I believe he (like me) saw Muir touch the ball, and that's why he only showed a yellow card.

But hey, we can debate this till the cows come home, there really is no point. The incident didn't affect the outcome of the match, and the player who was fouled was able to play on for the remainder of the match after a short period of treatment. He didn't even need to leave the pitch as Muir was shown a yellow card, so thankfully it looks like he hasn't got a bad injury.

Yoker won the game, and deserved to do so in my opinion. We move on.

Fixtures for Saturday 26/11/16 :-

Clydebank (3rd) v Kilsyth Rangers (1st)

Irvine Victoria (14th) v Yoker Athletic (7th)

Renfrew (13th) v Cumbernauld United (9th)

Rutherglen Glencairn (10th) v Maryhill (12th)

Shettleston (2nd) v Girvan (6th)

Shotts Bon Accord (11th) v Petershill (5th)

Your thoughts ?

6 hours ago, glensmad said:

Your thoughts ?

Kilsyth

Yoker

Cumbernauld

Draw

Shettleston

Draw

Your thoughts ?

Bankies
Vics
Draw
Draw
Shettleston
Peasy

Mon the papers

10 hours ago, glensmad said:

Your thoughts ?

Clydebank....

Yoker....or maybe Vics...draw

Renfrew...

Glencairn...

???...know nothing about Girvan....in my time I can't recall ever facing them ,home or away.....looking to get back to winning ways after the disapointment of Blantyre and The scottish tie at Kilwinning....

Petershill...

Archived