Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Relatively cheap spl forward. No issue with it. May be a better season for Chris now he has bulked up a little and we have scougall who can see and play the pass. Majority of kanes goals last season come from Swanson slipping him him (county away and hearts at home spring to mind).

Relatively cheap spl forward. No issue with it. May be a better season for Chris now he has bulked up a little and we have scougall who can see and play the pass. Majority of kanes goals last season come from Swanson slipping him him (county away and hearts at home spring to mind).

Basically this. Hopefully we can get in another striker who is more likely to be a starter. Kane is perfectly good as back up. If he went we'd have to replace him and there's no guarantees you'd be just as likely to get the next Adam Morgan as someone better than Kane.

Hearts at home certainly, Swanson didn't even play in Dingwall! He took a long ball in swivelled and smashed it in from 20 yards?

He's got it in him to be a 10/15 goal striker if he starts actually getting in the bloody box, cause he can finish, I've no doubt of that, he needs to learn when to put his laces through a ball though.

I have no real issue with him getting an extension, but I find it weird he's managed to get 3 years. He's pretty average and I don't think is fully established as a top flight player yet. 

Hearts at home certainly, Swanson didn't even play in Dingwall! He took a long ball in swivelled and smashed it in from 20 yards?

He's got it in him to be a 10/15 goal striker if he starts actually getting in the bloody box, cause he can finish, I've no doubt of that, he needs to learn when to put his laces through a ball though.

First game in dingwall I meant sorry. Agree has many attributes and dare say it's all learning curve. For what we shall be paying him, I doubt we could get better for the money

20 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Kane is perfectly good as back up. If he went we'd have to replace him and there's no guarantees you'd be just as likely to get the next Adam Morgan as someone better than Kane.

We have other young strikers for back up, Kane is now a first team player, he needs to step up and show it. Hopefully more than he has been. 

17 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I have no real issue with him getting an extension, but I find it weird he's managed to get 3 years. He's pretty average and I don't think is fully established as a top flight player yet. 

This. Should've been a years extension to prove his worth..... unless TW knows his game time will be limited this season due to a Jewel arriving.

I still don't know what type of Striker Kane is meant to be. In Div 1 he was good in the air and could play off the shoulder.

At Saints he seems to come looking with his back to goal but his touch and passing isnt up to much (but has been improving). 

I think there is a player there but the concern is he's been rewarded again with a contract without managing to hold down a place in the side. I'd argue we should be challenging him to do that first before tying him down.

We'll wait on a star striker, let Storey move elsewhere, miss out on the star striker, and panic buy Brian Graham on deadline day.

Ever the optimist even on here Random.

I've put £10 on Chris Kane to be one of the top scorers in the league. I'm a positive beacon of hope amongst Saintees.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've put £10 on Chris Kane to be one of the top scorers in the league. I'm a positive beacon of hope amongst Saintees.

A fool and his money is easily parted.

Good luck with that...hope he is and then we can make a wee bit money off him when we sell him on.