Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

You realise even more how absolute class Steven fucking Maclean is with his back to goal after today.

We take it for granted, but it's a difficult art to perfect... and you realise how good he is at it when you see Kane and Cummins trying to play that way today. Though to be fair the ball did seem to get stuck on that pitch quite a lot.

There may be more talented finishers, or players better at making runs, but I don't think there's many strikers, if any, better at hold up play in Scottish football right now.

Can anyone tell me which folk on the Banter FB page it would be shite behaviour to laugh at? I'm aware some of them have a mental disability and I'd feel shits mocking them, but there's a guy who genuinely believed we sold Graham Cummins to Brentford for £1.2m based on an FM screenshot.

Can anyone tell me which folk on the Banter FB page it would be shite behaviour to laugh at? I'm aware some of them have a mental disability and I'd feel shits mocking them, but there's a guy who genuinely believed we sold Graham Cummins to Brentford for £1.2m based on an FM screenshot.

Tommy won't let big Cummins go for anything less than £ 2 million.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They're probably the same folk who mock yourself on WAP.  Fire in, show no mercy.

13 hours ago, The Saintee said:

WAP think we're in for Stokes?

I think folk are getting carried away. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we'll hit the lowest point with our next signing but some of the names being banded about are ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

I think folk are getting carried away. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we'll hit the lowest point with our next signing but some of the names being banded about are ridiculous.

It's Kyle to blame imo.

They're probably the same folk who mock yourself on WAP.  Fire in, show no mercy.

I've a FM screenshot of Saints signing May that I'm tempted to stick on, just to see what happens.

The Banter page is truely embarrassing.

It only took a few hours after the MOH signing for the first posts about how TW never plays youngsters and how Craig Thomson is better anyway.

Dave Mackey looks ahead to Testimonial Dinner after 200 tickets snapped up by supporters

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/07/30/dave-mackay-looks-ahead-to-his-testimonial-dinner-after-200-supporters-snap-up-tickets/

** interview with Dave Mackay as well as a snippet with Craig McCredie from the Dave Mackay Testimonial Facebook page **

Anyone else feel we'd be better served keeping Keith Watson if it meant we could loan out Comrie and two of the centre backs? If Watson goes, it's likely only one centre back can go out and how much football are the ones still here going to play? He did well when he played last season.

Anyone else feel we'd be better served keeping Keith Watson if it meant we could loan out Comrie and two of the centre backs? If Watson goes, it's likely only one centre back can go out and how much football are the ones still here going to play? He did well when he played last season.

I could see the merits in that, but with Watson's history what happens if he's crocked again the week after everyone else is loaned out? Unless we can recall we're left short and with that wage on our hands.

We wouldn't be able to recall (we saw that with Liam Gordon in January) but I'd take the risk as I think the benefits of being able to loan out three young guys are worth it.

If Watson does go, I hope the mentality at the club is to treat the Development League as a proper opportunity for an U23 team and the likes of Comrie and Kerr play every week and get a proper chance to both impress the manager and retain match fitness. It would also bring more out of the very youngest players if they had to work hard to get in that side.