Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Hard to tell right now but Hearts will punt Cathro and get their act together I would image. Rangers can also only improve. I reckon you guys will fight with Hibs for 5th. I will take 7th for us.

Think it'll be really tight for 4th between quite a few teams this year. Some really good squads in the league which is good to see. 

I'm not coming here as a wind up - if Hearts dispose of Cathro and Levein (Which is a major if) - do you guys think Tommy can be prized away at this point of the season? He's being mooted on the radio. I know Wright whores himself from time to time but this would be the worst time of a season to leave should an opportunity present itself you'd think?

Two weeks ago I'd have said yes, now? I think he'd turn it down. His biggest moan with us is not getting targets that he wants, this Summer he's been able to get Scougall and MOH, and Kyle keeps hinting that he'll be getting another. He'll be delighted that Brown has backed him and has allowed him to build a squad that, Scobbie aside, hes probably had his head for a while now.

At Hearts he'd be starting over with someone else's squad and, tbh, our expectations for the season ahead are the same as Hearts anyway. Levein will be a huge factor aswell.

Might be wrong and he'll see it as a step up, which would be understandable in a way, but I think the timing is wrong for it to happen.

Hard to tell right now but Hearts will punt Cathro and get their act together I would image. Rangers can also only improve. I reckon you guys will fight with Hibs for 5th. I will take 7th for us.

Hearts won't sack him yet, invested too much in him to quit on it before the season starts.

And why can "Rangers only improve"? They've got an abysmal tactical manager in charge and half the team are expecting the teams they face to be pub league standard. They've vastly under-estimate it, similar to when Le Guen brought in a raft of French players.

I would add that I'd be delighted with a top half finish this year. Feels like the strongest league in a while.

I'm almost certain he'll get another player. If it's the name I've heard mentioned, I think it's next level shit. Brown has backed his manager already so here's hoping he can do it one more time to add the final piece of the jigsaw.

I'd be delighted with Storey as well to be fair.  

I dunno why but I just expect Rangers to pick up at some point. Hopefully I'm wrong obviously. Should be a tight league though, exciting times.

They'll win games at Ibrox as teams will go there and sit off them (we'll do it more than anyone, before anyone starts)

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I'm almost certain he'll get another player. If it's the name I've heard mentioned, I think it's next level shit. Brown has backed his manager already so here's hoping he can do it one more time to add the final piece of the jigsaw.

I'd be delighted with Storey as well to be fair.  

This next level shit... is it someone from this league? Give us a clue

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

They'll win games at Ibrox as teams will go there and sit off them (we'll do it more than anyone, before anyone starts)

We have them 2nd game and it'll be interesting to see how we set up. Lennon's ego might see us go for the kill which is how you have to play against them. Or we'll get turned over and he'll lose his shit, like proper heads gone. Win win either way tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

This next level shit... is it someone from this league? Give us a clue

I can't say unfortunately. If the player I'm referring to does sign for us, it's a real signal of intent. It would have to be a permanent signing and he's definitely not coming cheap. 

Actually, I think anyone signed over the age of 21 has to be a permanent signing now with MOH being a loan? I think that's right anyway? 

I think we can have more, but you're only allowed one over 21 loan from the same league.

Hope I don't get you in trouble by guessing who it is Kyle!

If it's someone under contract, I don't think Wright or Brown would splash the cash on any prolific striker from down south due to the risk that they might be a bit Joe Garner or James Collins-ey. There's not really any strikers in this league that fit Kyle's billing either unless it's (surely not?) Moult or even maybe Doolan? So that leaves strikers residing elsewhere that have been prolific here before. Kane Hemmings perhaps? Not sure what he's up been up to down south. It won't be May, so only other name I have would be Steven Naismith... 

I did notice Gregory Tade was unattached as well.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd say the chances of us signing Moult, Doolan or Hemmings is virtually nil.

I'd agree re Moult but he's about the only good striker in this league in a team below our level which is why I mentioned him. Doolan we could get if we splashed a bit of dolla but not likely, would take a lot and I suspect Thistle would have to have someone pretty decent lined up to replace him as they don't have anyone else up top. I have no idea what Hemmings situation is so I'll bow to your superior knowledge,  AgentScotland-Guy.

I'd agree re Moult but he's about the only good striker in this league in a team below our level which is why I mentioned him. Doolan we could get if we splashed a bit of dolla but not likely, would take a lot and I suspect Thistle would have to have someone pretty decent lined up to replace him as they don't have anyone else up top. I have no idea what Hemmings situation is so I'll bow to your superior knowledge,  AgentScotland-Guy.

I don't see why Doolan would move, he's a legend there and we're unlikely to massively up his wage to make it worth it.

Hemmings seems an important part of the squad at Oxford, and they'd want to make money on him. Beyond the price I'd expect us to spend.

The name I've heard doesn't play in Scottish football but has at some point in his career. I can't see it happening tbh.

Fucking hell, even you're hearing rumours before me now.