Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've put £10 on Chris Kane to be one of the top scorers in the league. I'm a positive beacon of hope amongst Saintees.

Minds me o that time that Torres inexplicably got the Golden Boot with 3 goals in Euro 2012

5 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Evening saints, any views on our new loan signing Greg Hurst? Jason Kerr and Mark Hurst were both excellent for us last season so hoping for similar!

Pretty sure he'll do a good job for you, looked good on Saturday playing for you, good movement,pace,and touch,only seen glimpses of him at first team level,but always seemed to impress ,good luck for the season,you're my wee team ;)

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

Evening saints, any views on our new loan signing Greg Hurst? Jason Kerr and Mark Hurst were both excellent for us last season so hoping for similar!

Without going overboard he shows promise.More of an attacking midfielder than an out and out striker.Quite strong and has good  movement.He will probably need a few games before you see the best of him.

I was disappointed that Hurst didn't manage to push himself into the reckoning last season as the opportunity was there. Suspect that TW didn't think that he (or Hunter) were showing the right attitude as he looks a talented enough player. He needs to grab this chance at East Fife and certainly on the glimpses I've seen in pre-season, he could do well.

Stevie May would be a cracking signing for Saints tbf.....

I wouldn't worry, there's more chance of Dundee winning a trophy.

Interested to see who Partick announce today, if it's Storey then I'll spend the next week shitting myself we're on the verge of bringing Sammon in.

I wouldn't worry, there's more chance of Dundee winning a trophy.

Interested to see who Partick announce today, if it's Storey then I'll spend the next week shitting myself we're on the verge of bringing Sammon in.

We've got Ciftci to look forward to don't we?

I saw on twitter that Frazer Wright has ok'd it, saying he's let him out his pocket now [emoji23] [emoji23]

Is Stevie is on his way from Preston do you think? I have seen a few reports in local paper down that way when I have been in the Lancashire area and he never gets a mention now,

read one last week Neil saying they are ready to go no real injury issues a few guys with muscle strains went onto name them but no mention of Stevie May? 

so maybe  Tam is ITK Random .

Hmm its a romantic thought. I just wonder what Stevie may we would be getting. Arguably if he is seen as not good enough for Preston then he is not the player we remember either that its another 6 month loan deal which really is of little value in my opinion.

A year loan would be good but who knows.

Hmm its a romantic thought. I just wonder what Stevie may we would be getting. Arguably if he is seen as not good enough for Preston then he is not the player we remember either that its another 6 month loan deal which really is of little value in my opinion.
A year loan would be good but who knows.

Can't see why it would be a year loan. His contract expires next Summer and Aberdeen were willing to pay £250k last month. Six months makes some sense in the hope he can turn into a player good enough for them, or he does well enough to increase the amount of teams after him and hope someone makes in a bid on January to beat the PCA rush.

Regardless I see absolutely no sense in Preston loaning him to us from their point of view. Chances of the deal must be about 5%.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can't see why it would be a year loan. His contract expires next Summer and Aberdeen were willing to pay £250k last month. Six months makes some sense in the hope he can turn into a player good enough for them, or he does well enough to increase the amount of teams after him and hope someone makes in a bid on January to beat the PCA rush.

Regardless I see absolutely no sense in Preston loaning him to us from their point of view. Chances of the deal must be about 5%.

However Random Preston are saying players will leave for more to come in. he has went from being mentioned again to disappearing from the team sheets, It would appear he is not injured or Neil at least never mentioned him as being in the injured brigade, so it would appear that something has changed again since Neil came in, it may well be and I hope or am not advocating this that Neil has seen a different Stevie May from the player he had at Hamilton a few years back and reckons he is not up to the Preston first team standard at this time , Wait and see what happens I suppose.