Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Can't wait to see the heads gone if Storey joins someone else [emoji12]

I'll be pretty meh about it tbh, my over reactions fade in comparison to the Banter page, so I'll read that before posting to even me out.

1 hour ago, steviemay17 said:

I know, im having an ongoing argument with two idiots suggesting we should just throw money about and steve brown is a joke ect ect

I used to get wound up with people. I made the conscious choice to no longer go on WAP as I cant cope with "we're shit, we need another 11 players, Browns a joke" when they either have a meltdown after a defeat or a transfer window. 

I also removed myself from that banter page just over a year ago... Well because we all know why. 

The Kane situation intrigues me. He recently signed a 2 year contract extension, and within a few days he's loaned out to a championship club. He was at a championship club for two separate spells 2 years ago, so I'm trying to work out Tommy's thinking:

He obviously doesn't rate him high enough to be a starting striker just now.

He's about to turn 23 so does he have a vast improvement still to come?

Have we extended his contract in an attempt to get a Development fee for him? Are the club hoping he scores a barrowload in the championship and gets an offer from down south, thus making us a few grand for a player the manager doesn't want?

On another note, I'm not convinced there's two players being brought in.  I think it'll be Maclean, Cummins and one other if we get the deal done, with Tommy seeing MOH as a potential striker as well. We played most of last season with only 3 first team strikers.

I know people elsewhere have been moaning else where Hendry hasn't been getting a chance... After a whole 2 games...

But... If we sign another 1 striker I feewl Hendry has looked more than capable to be our 4th option if injuries play a part?

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've royally fucked this up, haven't we

A final opinion can't be made until we've actually signed someone.

Today's looked like we're clearing the decks as we've landed the big one and our contingency plans have been told they're no longer needed so can sign for someone else. I've never doubted it all working out for a moment.

A final opinion can't be made until we've actually signed someone.

Today's looked like we're clearing the decks as we've landed the big one and our contingency plans have been told they're no longer needed so can sign for someone else. I've never doubted it all working out for a moment.

I hope you're right. The whole thing just feels a bit off, to me.

I mean, why allow your third choice striker to leave a day before a match, if you've not got someone lined up. Feels like they were told May was done with Aberdeen and Storey was free to leave, and allowed Kane to go to Dumfries with the idea Storey would be signing the next day. I can't see any logic in us not holding onto Kane for the match on Saturday if we werent planning on signing anyone until after it.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I hope you're right. The whole thing just feels a bit off, to me.

It wasn't totally serious but it could have an element of truth to it. It's been a very curious day. Most of the names on folks yes please/he'd do/get stuffed lists have been wiped out today and Kane has surprisingly gone, plus Kerr, freeing up funds. Maybe young Broon was so pissed off after Tuesday he hit 'f**k it, you're right Tommy, Go get him' mode. It could all just be co-incidence of course.